A service - typical cost for a c250cdi?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjs

Car
C250cdi Coupe, Audi S5 Cab
400 miles to go to first service (16k) so I'll be calling the dealers on Wednesday, any ideas what ££ I'll be looking at and do the dealers do a 'while you wait'?

My local dealer quote £265 on their Fixed Price menu for the first service (due at 15.5k miles or 12 months).

I was sad enough to compile all projected running costs (based on my dealers published prices) for the first 80,000 miles of ownership before I bought my car so I could see if the service plan offered value for money or not.

My local dealer quote £265 on their Fixed Price menu for the first service (due at 15.5k miles or 12 months).

I was sad enough to compile all projected running costs (based on my dealers published prices) for the first 80,000 miles of ownership before I bought my car so I could see if the service plan offered value for money or not.

How did it pan out please.

My (MB-owned) MB dealer quoted £260 at the time for a fixed-price A Service, saying that the price 'already includes 15% discount' and that 'no further discounts are available'.

(however, the car was less than 4 years old at the time - apparently most MB dealers drop the service prices for older cars, so it would have become cheaper had I stayed with them for future servicing).

I did not ask about bringing my own oil though - and as their list price for the Shell Helix Ultra they used was £15+VAT per litre - which is quite high, in fact more than the price at Shell petrol stations - I suppose that had I offered and had they agreed to me bringing my own oil then the service would have been considerably cheaper.

HTH.

And do the dealers atually charge the £50 for a loan (courtesy) vehicle?

How did it pan out please.

Over the 3 years, the service plan ended up saving me money (based on todays prices).

Of course if prices go up, I save even more money and then the dealer processed the service plan incorrectly and ended up undercharging me for it (but honoured the deal when they realised) so my savings were even higher :thumb:

The spreadsheet is here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsoZJJ9mGcc5dHQ1UUtLVFIxaVFaRHZ2cENsMlZETlE

It covers ever published cost that the dealer should charge for scheduled services (so it doesn't cover things like tyres and brakes) and of course different dealers charge different rates but it gives you an idea. The timings are based on me doing 20k miles per year

Over the 3 years, the service plan ended up saving me money (based on todays prices).

The frustrating thing is the dealer will be invoicing MB at about half the price they quote you. Shame they won't give the public those prices. I had the old ServicePlus scheme and at the end of it they printed off all the invoices - let's just say it was very profitable for MB.

Just had the same with daughter's VW Golf. 3 yr deal for £299 sounds a no-brainer? At the first service the dealer surprisingly gave me a copy of the invoice to VW - £68.

So far, rang Leeds - £275, Huddersfield - £275 ( before I realised that these and the dealer in Wakefield are all the same) . Sheffield want £199 and can do a while I wait tomorrow. So at the moment its going there. An extra 40 miles in total for me and 40 minutes for me to save £76.

(still a rip off as i just paid £260 for the wifes 335i to have oil service, brake fluid change, replacement air filter and a routine check)

Last edited:
Just had the same with daughter's VW Golf. 3 yr deal for £299 sounds a no-brainer? At the first service the dealer surprisingly gave me a copy of the invoice to VW - £68.

It still amazes me that BMW don't shout about the fact that all new cars come with a 3 year service deal included.

Maybe when they do, people will start realising that there is a choice and then maybe other manufacturers will follow.

Sure BMW will capture the true cost in the price of the car when you buy it but it's just one less bill to worry about.

But then again, may manufacturers (Ford I am looking at you here) have always looked to servicing as a major profit generator

So far, rang Leeds - £275, Huddersfield - £275 ( before I realised that these and the dealer in Wakefield are all the same) . Sheffield want £199 and can do a while I wait tomorrow. So at the moment its going there. An extra 40 miles in total for me and 40 minutes for me to save £76.

(still a rip off as i just paid £260 for the wifes 335i to have oil service, brake fluid change, replacement air filter and a routine check)

As someone who's car has gradually aged, I'm glad of the 4+ and 7+ discounts that exist, but if I ran a newer car it would really piss me off that the 7+ pricing indicates that the dealer could easily do an A service for £150 if they wanted to.

They charge 0-3yr owners more because most won't want to use an indie and if it's on MB finance then it has to be dealer serviced.

Very uneventful although it took 1hr 45 mins. £198. Cheers MB Sheffield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom