A Spring Clean

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
Gave the S a spring clean today, got an early start on it as it was a great day for it. The car was the dirtiest it's been in a while, nearly 500 miles of motorway driving the other weekend saw to that plus that sandy rain we had the other dau. Yuck!

K2hf7Jk.jpg

Started off with the wheels, they weren't too bad but a quick hit with some Autoglym Magma revealed a bit of brake dust.

UExmcju.jpg

Just a soft brush on the faces of the alloys then moved onto the bodywork. Thorough rinse down, then a hit with some Citrus Pre-Wash. Let it dwell for a bit before giving the whole car a rinse.

hS40Jik.jpg

Washed from the top down with the usual microfibre mitts and Dodo Juice Basics of Bling shampoo.

khb0go7.jpg

After rinsing I went for one of my favourite products of recent times. Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic. First started using it last year and still love it. So easy to apply a really hydrophobic layer.

I generally tend to spray it onto the car wet and just dry it rather than the spray and rinse method (for second application).

6kayaxa.jpg

Then finishing the wheels off with a wash mitt to the faces to make sure they're 100% and then cleaned up the barrels of the wheels using a Meguiars wheel brush.

gB1LJon.jpg

Inside the wheels still looking good.

D1hki2r.jpg

I gave the interior a vacuum and clean up. Went at the rubber mats with some Chemical Guys Nonsense all purpose cleaner. Only got it the other day but seems good.

77nuRgk.jpg

PbEhXPp.jpg

Chemical Guys Inner Clean for the plastics and Dr Leather for the seats.

mkG2geg.jpg

HreuJXR.jpg

Now I actually started this detail the other day as popped outside during my lunch break and cleaned and dressed the engine and shuts.

IK9N37v.jpg

ZHsqH7U.jpg

Under the bonnet.

mUzymhi.jpg

Tyres finished off with the classic Meguiars Endurance tyre gel, applied and then buffed. Comes up pretty good for it's 13 years and 73k.

pTd0FPr.jpg

K1Ml1Dl.jpg

bOXiEs4.jpg

4ngQAgU.jpg

tmDlleS.jpg

Oddly one of my favourite parts of the car is the tail lights. Oddly enough to make me want the pre-facelift model where they lost the body coloured lines through the tail lights!

uCbteoB.jpg

Great work as always buddy.

Looks fantastic 🥰😙

Thanks guys, it's not perfect as such as it could do with a bit of paint correction and a few little bits but overall for a car I generally do 800-900 miles a month in, it's pretty good! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom