A study in human nature

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mitsubishi L200 pickup, jeans and lumberjack shirt, baseball cap.

Getting warmer. Certainly a vehicle with a flat bed at the rear.

No

A Pikey in a Transit pickup.

No good at guessing, but this is what to do with these people

A Pikey in a Transit pickup.

Yes!

Hi vis vest to complete the picture.

Meanwhile, the worst offenders for not slowing down and sending water in dangerous waves (there is only one drive drain between that and me flooding) were (by a very very long way):

Black Range Rover Sports and LR Discos, with white van men some way behind (apart from nice Mr Scrap man).

Meanwhile, the worst offenders for not slowing down and sending water in dangerous waves (there is only one drive drain between that and me flooding) were (by a very very long way):

Black Range Rover Sports and LR Discos, with white van men some way behind (apart from nice Mr Scrap man).

Hahahaha!!! :D

I keep telling people that they should be thankful us Land Rover drivers share the same road as them...

Chuck a couple of handfuls of 4 inch nails into the lake.

Cut off a piece of 4 by 2 and paint it with markers (like on fords) to show the water is four feet deep. Then hammer it into the verge just outside your house.

Yes!

Hi vis vest to complete the picture.

Ah...I got the colour wrong.

To be fair, since posting I have seen Range Rovers of a few other colours, but black does appear to be the worst offenders. Some loon in an E63 powered down here too - it's a long way from Brum!

Night falls and the road is still flooded without any warning signs, so I hope people's headlamps are good.

Without doubt the worst offenders were 4x4 drivers, despite the massive wash of water into gardens and drives, onto pedestrians etc they mostly ploughed on at speed. Boy racers were too scared in their lowered cars, executive cars ploughed on, while most ordinary folk in simple cars slowed right down.

One of my neighbours is now flooded from the wash from cars as his house is a few feet below the road level. Thank heavens the rain stopped earlier as the local council are overwhelmed.

Wouldn't a couple of well placed stationary cars have helped slow the traffic down.

Did that - it just forced the faster cars into the middle of the lake where their speed sent volumes of water over everything. It also seemed rather unfair on the careful that they should be deprived of the shallowest section of road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom