A study in human nature

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is that on the route out of the Britwell Estate?

The other side of Slough.

This is the little dogleg of South Bucks sandwiched between London and Slough. It's where neither police nor council care about what goes on.

You don't see many pink shirts or tweeds in Slough border bandit country.

Where are you? I recognise the road. I used to live in the Slough area. (Langley) Richings Park? Iver Heath?

Last edited:
Ex sloughite here too. Central, behind the old Adelphi cinema.

It's flooded everywhere! Yet people are driving like idiots. My parents are 200 yards from the Thames and numerous lakes. In 2002 it flooded up to the front door, about 2 foot deep. And the bottom of the rear garden was flooded by about 2 foot too. Didn't rain as much as this, either.

Ex sloughite here too. Central, behind the old Adelphi cinema.

My grandad was assistant manager of the place in the 60s. It shut down when I was a toddler though.

Last edited:
I do too. I have super neighbours both human and equine, apart from the usual RRS oiks. :)

My next door neighbour has installed a large drain on his drive, so the front door remains unflooded. Mine's at the back.

Last edited:
Yes, I see that...you're even closer to the road. Big job done on the house across the road recently.

Huge extension so Mrs (who has rheumatoid arthritis) can live on one floor. Lovely people.

So, who lives in the massive house behind to the left of you?

I think it's a missile silo, but I could be mistaken. Certainly his Diwali firework bash is pretty incendiary.

...did you just say:

shaun-the-sheep.png

?

Sorry for OT, but I love it when the COMAND traffic warning lady talks about traffic between Slough and Reading - she pronounces it Sluff. I think I'll start calling it that, it almost makes Slough sound interesting ;)

Slough, pronounced sluff, is to shed skin

Slough, pronounced slOw as in ow that hurts, is a muddy depression in the ground. The town isnt much better.

Oh and a bonus question, guess the follicle state, body size, outer clothing and vehicle type of the chap who told me to "f**k" myself when I smiled and motioned for him to slow a little?

Sorry about that Charles, had no idea it was you :D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom