A study in human nature

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's soaking inside by the wheelarch, and it hasn't been driven in a year! More holes than a colander made of swiss cheese.

Not even a Unimog at present. I didn't know that was a ford there.

Here's a good one, just happened to be speaking to an HVG driver the other day and I can't quite believe I heard the admissions....

"you know when vis is bad (thankfully he admitted, high vis / drivers lamps don't help in snow!!!), I just follow the tracks in front of me -last week, thought I was going off-road: the guy in front must have turned off into a layby and I only just stopped literally just behind him before I realised!!!! I was just ploughing -on -never knew I was in a layby!!!!

Other one he admitted to is when the dual carriageway splits between southbound dual ways about 75feet above north bound carriageways. The road splits in to complete sections! He says sometimes he can't work out what's happening,he sees traffic coming the other way (below), but then folk trying to overtake from behind on the same level and panics for a second. He doesn't remember whether it's a dual carriagway, single or anything else!

...this adds to why I just HATE HGV drivers my way. Where the F**k are you going????????? -quite obvious you have no idea where you are first!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Well, the flood returned, deeper and wetter today. As a result of sewage flooding in the main road it has been closed, so today our little lane became the main road north, with buses and lorries and oiks in white vans by the ton. More tooting on horns that I've heard since someone took a second to see the lights had gone green in London.

Met more neighbours and the local councillor though and got this picture on a trip out which sums up this type of car and driver perfectly (I was at a standstill!).

I don't know what to say; I can't imagine what it must be like. Wishing I still had a Defender so I could lend a hand.

It's actually rather entertaining, in a perverse sort of way. The local pub is flooded with sewage though, which is not something I'd like anyone to suffer.

Rainfall for January was 250% of normal here, there is nowhere for it to go anymore, it's just running off. To think two years ago we had a drought declared here!

I took a shortcut this morning near Iver to beat the traffic.

for a moment I was wondering if I was going to be another statistic.

[YOUTUBE HD]pOZf83b23ZE[/YOUTUBE HD]

Full marks Spike - you drove at a perfect pace throughout. A heck of a lot of roads are like that now.

I was hoping that being diesel and rear engined that the little smarts wading abilities would be reasonable.. but you just dont know do you.

I was hoping that being diesel and rear engined that the little smarts wading abilities would be reasonable

On the first generation ForTwo the air intake was at the same height but opposite side to the fuel filler flap, so quite high compared to most cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom