A stunning E500 W124.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Newera

Car
W124 300D Turbo, E30 M3, R5 Turbo II, RX-7, AE86, CRX Glasstop, DC2 Type R, VTR SP2...
Bought this car here in Japan recently...
It'll be in the UK sometime before the end of summer, ready for myself and family to use whilst on holiday in the lake district for a few days there on the way back from a summer holiday before we return to Japan.

Condition is amazing for a 1994 car and took us a lot of time to find. Some nice extras incl. 993 Porsche calipers, full stainless twin pipe exhaust with twin high flow catalysers before the mid silencer, uprated suspension with self leveling retained and Techno Magnesio E500 Limited wheels, which are completely unmarked & also very rare. Also got another set of Evo II wheels to go with the car. May return the suspension to standard as the original ride is plusher. We'll see. It's a lovely car to drive. Looking forward to it.

I think the connection is where the car was built & who by. ;)
It certainly brakes better than a standard E500. Original brakes are very good, these are better.

Lovely

Lovely, apart from the Porsche wheel centre caps.

LOL - you'll get over it...! The E500 W124 was built by hand, by Porsche. :p :D

So here it is. Beautiful car it has to run like a dream!
I'm only not sure about twin exhaust exit pipes, on some pics they look
too long/big, could be more subtle.

Are these wheels staggered? Are the rear wheels wider than front ones?

The exhaust makes a nice sound, especially at higher revs, without being too loud. It's expensive and full stainless steel, so will probably stay as it is - agreed though, they're big exit pipes.
As originals - these wheels aren't staggered. Equal size front & rea with same size tyres. They're a rare model made in very small numbers specifically for the E500 / 500E.

There's a fair bit that will change. Calipers may be removed and repainted in silver or black. Chrome dial rings & carbon facia will come out, stickers off the front & rear windows, etc.
This is just the spec & condition it was bought in. ;)

Last edited:
Stunning car. Looks like its got all the right mods that the 500 needs. As a lover of the w124 500 this is a nice example even if its been modded quite a bit. Also note the new front slam panel.

Any idea what sort of brackets the brakes use and whether those alloys can be bought in the UK? I am also gonna get one of those straight through exhaust systems as my 500E is too quiet even with the Lorinser backbox.

Also if you want to sell the suspension / evo alloys (or anything else for that matter) give me a shout.

Thanks. No idea about the brake conversion. Someone measured, designed & machined the brackets to fit, I would expect. Wheels haven't been made for a long time now unfortunately. They were made by Techno Magnesio and would have been sold in Japan when the W125 500's were much more popular.

MIM Tecnomagensio | Storia

I will have a set of Evo II wheels for sale from my 300D Turbo later this year, as I currently have a set away being refurbished in the UK, to replace the ones I have on that car. They're near perfect, with only a few small scratches on the edge (You can't even see them in the pics), but I want perfection on that car too, when it has the 500 bodywork done.

I particularly like the meshed trims below the headlights, from deleting the wipers. Wish I could find where they were made, they'd go well on the other car too. Anybody got any ideas?

I particularly like the meshed trims below the headlights, from deleting the wipers. Wish I could find where they were made, they'd go well on the other car too. Anybody got any ideas?
A company in the US makes them iirc but obviously can be custom made. Lots of 500 owners have them as it improves airflow to the engine bay and looks good. I prefer the headlight wipers personally.

I'd be interested in your EVO2 rims for my 500E. Give me a shout with more details. I'm in London (SE), it'd be good to meet up once you have the car and discuss. My example is a silver Lorinser model also from Japan (Osaka) given a 3.5 through the auctions with 171k on the clock :)

Thanks. I saw your's too and the great work you've done tidying / renewing bits in the engine bay. Good work!

It may be only around September that I receive my 2nd set of wheels from the UK. Shipping from Japan (as my 300D Turbo is in Japan, not UK) would take a couple of months too, so this won't be any time soon. Cost would be £950 incl. shipping for a set of 4 original Evo II wheels.

Thanks. I saw your's too and the great work you've done tidying / renewing bits in the engine bay. Good work!

It may be only around September that I receive my 2nd set of wheels from the UK. Shipping from Japan (as my 300D Turbo is in Japan, not UK) would take a couple of months too, so this won't be any time soon. Cost would be £950 incl. shipping for a set of 4 original Evo II wheels.

Nice one, are they the diamond cut finished examples? Any pics?

The MiM alloys are looking nice. Tbh their condition looks better than their design but this is only my opinion.

Are the rear wheels running on some spacers then?

Also, this is the first time I hear that Italians supplied their wheels to any German car manufacturer as an option (apart from speedline on Audi 80 coupe really). I've always thought they were aftermarket wheel supplier apart from obvious makes like Fiat and some French makers.

The wheels were made to fit the W124 E500, but they were an after market item, not an original option or anything like that. Amazingly they've not got a scratch or even a chip on them. They might look better diamond cut finished like the original Evo II wheels...Might change back to Evo II wheels anyway, the option (with yet another set of wheels) is there. Won't be selling these Techno Magnesio wheels though! :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom