A Sunday morning blast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

Got up nice and early this morning to take the C32 out for a good blast, I've not been able to drive it the past few days due to the wheels being refurbed and repainted.

Headed south from Doncaster along the Great North road before joining the A631 heading eastwards before then picking up the A161 to head north all the way up to Goole. Then joined the M62 and opened the old legs a bit to 73mph before joining the M18 and heading home, for those interested I achieved 19.8mpg from a cold start when I set off from mine.

Out of pure coincidence, I got behind a Honda NSX on the A161 and as hard has he tried, he couldn't shake me on the back lanes, when he first booted it I saw him look in his rear view mirror rather surprised to see a 12 year old estate pushing him along. After a few miles of some good natured fun he turned off and I carried on my journey rather sedately.;)

I'm really glad we are heading in to summer, gives us a great excuse to get out and enjoy our cars. :thumb:

Much as I love Mercedes either the NSX driver wasnt really trying to shake you off or lacked the skill to do so ! The two cars are poles apart.

Much as I love Mercedes either the NSX driver wasnt really trying to shake you off or lacked the skill to do so ! The two cars are poles apart.

If SPX had been driving a Xantia Activa, I could've believed him.

The two cars are poles apart.
Maybe so in classical cars status, but I think the fact my C32 has got about 100bhp more than his Honda is the reason more than his lack of skill...

Agreed but he should have had the edge on the twisty bits ....... sounded fun in any event !

Agreed but he should have had the edge on the twisty bits ....... sounded fun in any event !

To be perfectly frank, at the time I didn't know there was such a big power difference and I kept expecting him to pull away (it was mostly straight roads) but I found myself holding back slightly.

He was definitely giving it some though, the NSX made a wonderful sound.

Lol at all the NSX fanboys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you carry at least 100kgs more than him so probably little in it on the straight. They do sound good dont they and you rarely see one being driven in anger.

I think you carry at least 100kgs more than him so probably little in it on the straight. They do sound good dont they and you rarely see one being driven in anger.

NSX? You rarely see one, let alone driven in anger :D

Specs:

C32;

This automobile's curb weight is 1694 kg
The maximum power and maximum torque of the engine are 260 kW / 354 ps at 6100 rpm and 449 Nm at 4400 rpm respectively
The vehicle accelerates for 5.40 s from 0 to 100 km/h.
This model has a drag coefficient of 0.31.
V-max = 250kmh.

NS-X; (1988)
1216 kg is the curb weight
The maximum torque and maximum power of the engine are 287 Nm at 5300 rpm and 186 kW / 254 ps at 6800 rpm respectively.
The vehicle can accelerate for 6.00 s from 0 to 60 mph.
V-max = 248kmh.

The curb weight of the automobile is 1364 kg.
maximum torque and maximum power generated by the engine are 284 Nm at 6500 rpm and 201 kW / 274 ps at 7300 rpm respectively
The vehicle can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h for 6.00 s and from 0 to 60 mph for 5.70 s.
The drag coefficient of this model is 0.32
V-Max = 269Kmh

The curb weight is 1409 kg.
The engine delivers maximum power of 205 kW / 280 ps at 7300 rpm and maximum torque of 304 Nm at 5300 rpm.
From 0 to 100 km/h the vehicle can accelerate for 5.70 s.
This model has a drag coefficient of 0.3
V-Max = 274kmh.

All a bit closer than one might think, especially if the NSX is an automatic.

It's nice to see a NSX being driven as it's a rare sight :thumb:

I think that driving fast on public roads has a lot to do with driver skill and local knowledge. The car's still important, but not as much as it is on track.

Hi I did the same ,got the SL out of the garage,roof down and headed for he open road,great,sunshine and the open road nothing better except ...............

32 are understated, beaten a few modified 202 and 203 55s NA With no issues. Was side by side with my friends 2003 360 Ferrari F1

So you should have no issues beating an NSX in a straight line at least..

I too have just had a blast around , north down M1 and back via derbyshire .
I think it's done us both some good :)

Haha diesel man, are you still dreaming of an e350 CDi or you're not happy with the quality still?

Keep dreaming I say, lol.

Haha diesel man, are you still dreaming of an e350 CDi or you're not happy with the quality still?

Keep dreaming I say, lol.

Why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom