A Tale of two Chips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stu

Car
C200 Sport Petrol W205
Spring time & about time to touch up the W209 CLK. Down to the dealers with the chassis no & back with a set of two small bottles with screw in brushes. No useful instructions, just how to dispose in 99 languages.
So I applied the no lacquer to the chip on the roof. My car is a metalic beige colour and the paint came out dark gray. I worried abou this for a few minutes, but it changed to a grreat match and I was happy.
Fuelled by sucess I did the half dozen ones on the bonnet. A week later I am still waiting for the gray colour to change.
Any idea where I went wrong or is the paint only suitable for steel surfaces?

Did you give it a really good shake again before using it on the bonnet??

Ive just messed up the bumper on my other halfs Golf with a bit of DIY painting, best advice is take it to a shop to get a re touch done:thumb:

If its a solvent based touch up stick. Only use the colour base. It will dry hard enough and look better.
Using the laquer will only magnify the touched up area.

Thanks for the responses.
I did more shaking that a certain Mr Stevens. I did not use the lacquer on the same day. I am reluctant to take it to a shop as that (with metallic colour) would mean a full respray. The chips away man was doing a neighbours and confirmed this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom