A Tale of Woe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big Janner

MB Enthusiast
Car
R231 SL350 in Obsidian Black
Forumites
A salutary tale, including a note, of warning and a call for care.
On Friday 23rd July, my son and I drove to Bournemouth for the funeral of my youngest niece, who died aged 36.
I wasn't feeling right when we left and soon after the ceremony was finished, I felt bad enough to hand over driving home, to my boy . . . .all 4 rotten hours of it.
By Sunday evening, with a throat like broken glass and a temperature, I took myself to A&E where, by early Monday morning, I'd been admitted to the Covid ward, where I would stay for a week.
Where did I get the dreaded lurgy?
Well, the only place I've been going to, is the hospital 2 or 3 times a week, with SWMBO.
Everyone has had 2 PCR tests and only my son came up positive, no surprise really.
So, if you've not had Covid, you're not missing out, take extra care and don't get it, it's a bastard.

Like most of you I guess, I've been double jabbed and it kicked me into touch.
One guy in the ward, Tony, aged 50, had not had time for his jabs . . . .too busy at work.
He was in, on 10 l/hr oxygen, for 3 weeks and suffered for 2 of them.
Another, Russ, 52, with MS, double jabbed seemed OK, but covid came for him on Thursday afternoon and gave him a serious, serious, kicking, he disappeared with the trauma team and we didn't see him again. I hope that he is well.

Believe it or not, the foregoing was the best bit of that week, the rest . . . . . .was 100% sh1t

So take that extra minute to think . . . . Do I NEED to do this, cos, if the answer is no . . . . . .don't do it

Note
Sympathy not needed, honestly.
I'm through and out the other side
Sarcastic comments are acceptable

Sorry to hear this. Glad you're OK now.

I suppose the silver lining is that with two shots and having had Covid, your antibodies are up to the max now.

Gents

To update the forum

Whilst I was admitted to the covid ward on the Sunday, my wife was ambulanced to A&E on the Wednesday, with severe psin in the area of her right kidney.

Being only 6 or so weeks into recovery from 2 major operations in one day, aimed at removing tumours in her lower right leg and right hip, she had been trying to get some interest in the back pain almost since the operations.

We were told that the pain was part of the healing process, exacerbated by her sitting awkwardly, due to the surgery at her hip/groin.

On the day she was admitted, Sally was isolated in a side ward, due to her contact with me.

It was here, alone, where she was told that the cancer was in her kidney, her right lung and her bones.

There was nothing the medics could do.

She should count her expected time left, in weeks.

We both arrived home that weekend and I nursed her until she died on Monday last, the 16th, just 18 days after being told of her diagnosis.

It has been a whirlwind 3 weeks

We (my kids and I) are still trying to get to grips with what has happened to their mum.

Sometimes, life can be cruel.

We only have words to offer you in such times. I truly wish I had more.

Having lost my first wife to cancer and very nearly losing my second the same way I do have some understanding of how you and your family are feeling.

The only abvice I have s to keep the family and your friends together and draw on the support from each other as best anyone can in such circumstances.

Out sincere condolences.

David and Caroline.

It's really difficult to know what too say: life can be an absolute b@stard sometimes.
My heart goes out to you and your family.

I am very very sorry for your loss.

My deepest condolences.

I too am at loss for words , I feel for you and your family , such a hard thing to experience but at least you got to spend the last few days with your wife and not separated by Covid Restrictions. My best wishes to you and all your fanily

Oh John, so so sorry to read this. I had hoped the treatment was working well. Horrible sequence of events for you all
Such a brave post from you to update us all. Bless you and the kids mate. 🙏

Please accept my deepest condolences.

We are all here for you if you need us.

Some via a post on a forum, other members may be closer to hand.

We all feel for you losses and wish you all the very best of luck for the future.

You know where we are.

Thoughts with you and your family x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom