A very nice, if short, evening drive....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st4

Banned
Car
C220cdi tourer
Tonight sums up nice car ownership. The evening was lovely, so I headed on a small run round the Loch.

On the way I thought I would take a picture of Faslane

DSC_0582.jpg

The boys in blue came past and asked me a few questions and asked to see the pictures, fair enough, its a military base. I duly obliged and they were sound as a pound. Didn't even ask for my details. They reminded me although I had fully pulled off the road, that I shouldn't park there as it is an "urban clearway" and I should be on my way ASAP. No tickets, just some advice as to where else I should take pictures view wise. Nice copper actually and I'd love to say to the contrary but I genuinely cannot.

Arriving at Cove in Evening time is wonderful and the run over the "Peten" Hill from Faslane is madjestic as the road dips and flows over the hill.

Cove has some of the best views and sunsets in the area, as you would agree I hope

DSC_0589.jpg

The shed still looking good from when I cleaned it (Vin, you are welcome to this as your banner :p)

DSC_0618.jpg

I've always loved the view here, and I always will

DSC_0609.jpg

The car, which I drove like I stole it, as I hardly drive it these days returned a healthy 28mpg, which is fine, as I will only go a few miles in it tomorrow. The heated seats were good on the way back and sports suspension really is fab.

Thanks for the photos. Faslane looks smaller than I would have expected. Surprising it is said to be so difficult to move the facility to England if it becomes necessary.

Thanks for the photos. Faslane looks smaller than I would have expected. Surprising it is said to be so difficult to move the facility to England if it becomes necessary.

Its a really wide angle Lens. IIRC over 2000 people are employed at Faslane, for the sake of the area, it would be a massive loss.

There is also another Military base nearby and I suspect under the hills lies a lot of infrastructure. I daren't take a picture of Coulport, they take picture taking of that much more seriously.

Glad to see that you are enjoying the car after all your recent hassles.

Incredible just how quickly the local plod arrive on the scene when you stop anywhere in that area. The monitoring is much more in-depth than we could imagine.

Incredible just how quickly the local plod arrive on the scene when you stop anywhere in that area. The monitoring is much more in-depth than we could imagine.

And yet where Steve stopped was less at the side of the road and more quite a large if rough carpark to take in the view.

And yet where Steve stopped was less at the side of the road and more quite a large if rough carpark to take in the view.

The carpark picture was at a different location IIRC

In the cars defence, its been great so far and getting back to enjoying it.

Its York on Friday and the Highlands next week as off work from Tuesday until month end :D

I suppose it has to be, for the risk in case. She did have a look and ask, are there any zoomed pictures as they would have to be deleted, but there wasn't

Well done Ciaran, a lot of deforesting has been done, great, you get the nice view up the Gareloch and eventually down the Clyde.

What I meant was, I went on Street View and found where Steve stopped to take the photo of Faslane...that's the rough carpark sized layby...well off the road and certainly not covered by the Clearway rules as they said.

The car park true, but where I pulled the car over there was a minor clearing of tree's, over the kerb and just a rutted surface. Not the smartest place to stop but what the hell;)

It's true what they say - inside every good photograph there is a great one.

This is fantastic

***.jpg

Very nice Steve, glad you got your car back now and you seem to be enjoying it again...

Your lucky Steve, where I live it's just lots of long trees and loads of leafs.. dont get to see this unless in your pictures every now and then, lol.

you should take up photography mate you obviosuly got an eye for a good image.

Your lucky Steve, where I live it's just lots of long trees and loads of leafs.. dont get to see this unless in your pictures every now and then, lol.

you should take up photography mate you obviosuly got an eye for a good image.

Cheers :thumb:, you need to do as I do and go on tour.

There will be a lot of touring the following few weeks :thumb:

Happy memories.... I remember trying to get into Faslane to do a gig in the officers mess way back in 1973.... try driving up to the main gate in a beat up old MK1 Cortina estate, with to 5' column speakers laid out in the back... but the scenery is fantastic...and the drive across Glen Fruin (if I remember it correctly) is wonderful.

Happy memories.... I remember trying to get into Faslane to do a gig in the officers mess way back in 1973.... try driving up to the main gate in a beat up old MK1 Cortina estate, with to 5' column speakers laid out in the back... but the scenery is fantastic...and the drive across Glen Fruin (if I remember it correctly) is wonderful.

There is a new high spec road that cuts to the North side of the Glen, very fast and sweeping.

I still like the single tracker that goes through the Glen, great fun also.:thumb:

Is the Commodore Pub still in the town?? There used to be some real "rucks" in there between the Sailors and the Marines .... and the MP base was just up the street IIRC.... oh happy days!!

Commodore does a mean dinner these days and you can sit outside in the sun. Nice place....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom