A Very Strange Overfinch Warning?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
He's not trying to sell, he's just having a bitch, and letting as many people know as possible.

Would you buy a second hand RR for 90k without service book, sales receipt or warranty?

Not I sir!

I would have been back to the Overfinch dealer with the big stick.

I think theres more to this than meets the eye, LR do warrant aftermarket conversions, if your tailgate corrodes because a tuner has drilled holes in it to fit a spoiler then its reasonable for them not to cover.

Read his feedback and he appears to be a dealer, probably a finance repossession that has been through the auctions.

Ive never really looked at them inside but the dashboard / speedo part looks like out on a Metro from Years ago...

I though the newer ones were LED displays.

No sales invoice, no warranty? There is much more to this than meets the eye. Overfinch do warrant their cars, and they are a reputable name. While LR may void their warranty, the reasons cited are odd.

Having a big whinge as Ted says.

My favorite part of the ad;

, ALSO THE LOVER LIGHT IN THE DOOR NOT WORKING

I know this vehicle as it is not very far from me

The overfinch warrany void is correct depending on what they do to the original base vehicle, if it's just light mods the warranty holds if it's heavy and expensive as high end overfinch tend to be then it voids the orignial LR warranty, we have 2 customers in exactly the same position, but if you pay well over £100K for a Rangie are you really bothered about a warranty? Most overfinch vehicles are not serviced by LR anyway.

'autobrokers/overfinch had not infored land rover of the conversion works had been carried out before the car was sold to me.'

This does seem to suggest that if the conversions were somehow 'registered' with LR, the car would have been covered by warranty..?[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
A good waste of 90k then, makes me wonder how these people get that kind of money to spend on a car in the first place.

Last edited:
Maybe they should scrap it?

Hope you have not put in too high a bid Sweetpea . You been to see the E320 CDI s yet ?:dk:

from the ad

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DOORS-WHEN CLOSING THE O/S/R DOOR A RATTLE TYPE NOISE CAN BE HEARD FROM INSIDE THE DOOR , ALSO THE LOVER LIGHT IN THE DOOR NOT WORKING, HEADLINING/VISORS-RATTLE, CARPETS/MATS-INSECURE, WARNING LIGHTS AIR BAG WARNING LIGHT ON WHEN DRIVING, GEAR BOX FAULT, BATTARY DRAIN FAULT, WIRING LOOMS UNDER BOTH FRONT SEATS NOT SECURE ALSO DAMAGED, FRONT REAR BUMPER BOLTS LOOSE, N/S DOORS ALIGNMENT POOR FITTING ALSO THE DOOR DROPS WHEN OPENED OUT OF ALIGNMENT, FRONT REAR BUMPERS CORNERS-PAINT MISSING, CAR FAILS TO START SOMETIMES AND HAS TO BE JUMP STARTED, WIRING LOOM UNDER SEAT INSECURE, RATTLE NOISE FROM DOOR, DOOR CHECK STRAPS LOOSE INSECURE, HEADLINING/VISOR RATTLE, RATTLE NOISE REAR AREA VEHICLE WHEN GOING OVER BUMPS, GEARBOX FAULT WARNING LIGHT, INTERIOR TRIMS LOOSE THE FRONT TRIM PANELS ON EITHERSIDE OF THE CENTRE CONSOLE ARE LOOSE,I SUSPECT THE FRONT SECURING DEVISES ARE MISSING,PLASTIC AIR BAG WARNING TRIM,ON THE O/S/R C POST IS INSECURE / POOR FIT ECT.
[/FONT]
I think I might be able to get these features a fair bit cheaper, to be honest.

from the ad

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DOORS-WHEN CLOSING THE O/S/R DOOR A RATTLE TYPE NOISE CAN BE HEARD FROM INSIDE THE DOOR , ALSO THE LOVER LIGHT IN THE DOOR NOT WORKING, HEADLINING/VISORS-RATTLE, CARPETS/MATS-INSECURE, WARNING LIGHTS AIR BAG WARNING LIGHT ON WHEN DRIVING, GEAR BOX FAULT, BATTARY DRAIN FAULT, WIRING LOOMS UNDER BOTH FRONT SEATS NOT SECURE ALSO DAMAGED, FRONT REAR BUMPER BOLTS LOOSE, N/S DOORS ALIGNMENT POOR FITTING ALSO THE DOOR DROPS WHEN OPENED OUT OF ALIGNMENT, FRONT REAR BUMPERS CORNERS-PAINT MISSING, CAR FAILS TO START SOMETIMES AND HAS TO BE JUMP STARTED, WIRING LOOM UNDER SEAT INSECURE, RATTLE NOISE FROM DOOR, DOOR CHECK STRAPS LOOSE INSECURE, HEADLINING/VISOR RATTLE, RATTLE NOISE REAR AREA VEHICLE WHEN GOING OVER BUMPS, GEARBOX FAULT WARNING LIGHT, INTERIOR TRIMS LOOSE THE FRONT TRIM PANELS ON EITHERSIDE OF THE CENTRE CONSOLE ARE LOOSE,I SUSPECT THE FRONT SECURING DEVISES ARE MISSING,PLASTIC AIR BAG WARNING TRIM,ON THE O/S/R C POST IS INSECURE / POOR FIT ECT.
[/FONT]
I think I might be able to get these features a fair bit cheaper, to be honest.

Now you know why Overfinch went bust :D

Hope you have not put in too high a bid Sweetpea . You been to see the E320 CDI s yet ?:dk:

I offered him £10k, a few coat buttons and an old pair of football boots.

I'll not hold my breath for a reply eh? :D

The Golf sold on eBay, so I'm just waiting for the winners to come and collect and pay up and then I'm on it!
I've seen a beauty at Epsom, it's £2k over budget but I'm going to make them an offer they can't refuse....;)

For someone who has the means to spend £90K on a car his speling/grammer is atroshus - I can only assume he's a lottery winner or a no brain drug dealer :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom