A Vmax type event.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I will come back and read through all your comments another time, I'm sure there is plenty of nice pictures and videos all around!!! Cheerios!!!
PS: some of us are planning Santa Pod on April 14th... feel free to join the fun!!!

the highest speed i saw on the vbox (borrowed from Craig) was 173.0mph.

Yeah, I only managed 172. I reckon if I left lane it and swing right out and nail it hard with no headwind, 180 > 185 is possible for a standard E55K.

Yeah, I only managed 172. I reckon if I left lane it and swing right out and nail it hard with no headwind, 180 > 185 is possible for a standard E55K.

What do you think the fully modified ones will do?:)

What do you think the fully modified ones will do?:)

They've got to do 200mph surely.

I want to find out what mine does on say a 5 mile runway i.e. absolutely flat out for long enough.

Who owns the clk63 black is it a members car ?

Hi Don, thats Colin's CLK Black and is absolutely stunning. I did my first run with Col and looks like we both hit 178 mph through the trap at the same time.

A Thanks to The Vmax Guys

Not been in here for a spell, have been chilling out for the past week. Thinking from what i have read, everyone seems to have enjoyed the MB Starfire Vmax day, so firstly I would like to take this time to re thank Craig Williams, his wife and all his grid and safety teams, who ensured we all had a great day out. Also to george, (GF Williams for his superb photography as well as being such a good guy).
I would also like to point out to you all, that whilst I spent quite a lot of time on organising this event myself, CW, spent just as much as, or more, arranging, liaising and sorting out all the details for the day, must be best part of 200 E mails during the past 6 months, so the time and effort he expended on our behalf was enormous, bearing in mind he has his work and own Vmax days to spend time on. So I would like to think everyone should be extremely grateful to him for not only taking us on as a forum for the event, but to the extent that the day was so enjoyable to which this was his main and sole aim, giving us all an opportunity to push our cars that little extra bit in a safe enviroment.
I would also like to thank Graham 230K from our forum, he guided me and sorted out a few hiccups on the admin side of the forum regards the early stages of this day, so many thanks for that Graham, appreciated.
Lastly, to the guys who attended the day, with particular mention to CSR (Colin), he recruited 13 guys, sorted the paperwork and payments, took a hugh burden off my shoulders, thanks Colin, and a further mention to Marty 359, Alx, DVB, Lopes and Gary, Benjy, Simon M, Nudenut, Maff, Palmball, Olly and jack, markbe, and Brabus K8 and his crew, and all your cars, as well as all the new faces I met and chatted with, great catching up with you all, and hope to cross paths again in the near future, perhaps at a meet, albeit a few of you will be at Goodwood in May.
The day was not without incident, a couple of cars suffered engine failure, yet to hear the consequences of this, monaro and a CLS, but will advise, a further 3 people to my knowledge suffered cooling pump problems as well, not major, but restricted their outings on circuit on the day, and a front lip spoiler was despatched at some stage as well. I also understand from third parties that a few cars suffered from stone chip damage, I have not had this reported to me directly, but only from third parties, if so, yes its disappointing, and I have discussed this briefly with CW, but I am sure if you were to ask everyone on the day if they would attend this event again the majority would have said yes, it was a great day out.
On a personal note, I was dissappointed not to have been faster, and then the final lap of the day head to head with the master Lopes 80, he nailed me, and en route achieved a 191MPH top speed, amazing. Now trying to strip the weight from my car, for a next time, should there be one.

Thanks to CW, his team and all you guys for a most memorable day.

Last edited:
If I had the chance I would do it all again, sure I had a few technical problems that meant limited top end power and a few minor stone chips but nothing will take away the excitement and memories.

For me the positives of the day;

Seeing JohnEBoy grin from ear to ear after his first 170+ mph run when he found out his car was not limited
Nailing Ricky S on the start only to see his car growing in my driver mirror and then watching him pull away on the main straight!
Nailing the Aston and the 911 on the start.
Forgetting to put the car in drive on the start, lots of noise but no movement and my son thought it was the moment of the day.
Watching the two R8’s neck and neck both drivers really pushing it.
Listening to the Ferrari GTO and the R8 V10 gun it down the straight you could mistake them for two jets taking off!

Finally the brilliance of Craig and his team in organising a fantastic day

Forgetting to put the car in drive on the start, lots of noise but no movement

Yeah, I might have done that too...:doh:

Thanks to all who made it happen. It was a great day and I'm more than happy with my cheap old 202 touching 160mph. Maybe the best £ per mph ratio...?

Looked like an awesome day. Was the 996 cab turbo a Merdad edition?

thanks fellas, I was happy doing it for such a nice bunch of chaps.

ref the 996 Turbo Cab, no, its a lightly breathed on X50 with GT2 wheels. Pretty quick though for a hairdressers car ;)

Right, sorry for the delays with the photos, I've been pretty busy. Things are quieter now though so I've got time to sort things.

here is the second batch of photos
GFW_54511.jpg

GFW_54701.jpg

GFW_54961.jpg

GFW_54981.jpg

GFW_54991.jpg

GFW_55081.jpg

GFW_55151.jpg

GFW_55171.jpg

GFW_55251.jpg

GFW_55301.jpg

GFW_55311.jpg

GFW_55341.jpg

GFW_55361.jpg

GFW_55441.jpg

GFW_55451.jpg

GFW_5556.jpg

GFW_5562.jpg

GFW_5564.jpg

GFW_5575.jpg

EDIT: more pics on previous page too

GFW_5821.jpg

GFW_5824.jpg

GFW_5829.jpg

GFW_5831.jpg

GFW_5833.jpg

GFW_5837.jpg

GFW_5839.jpg

GFW_5841.jpg

GFW_5842.jpg

GFW_5845.jpg

GFW_5860.jpg

GFW_5862.jpg

GFW_5871.jpg

GFW_5873.jpg

GFW_5874.jpg

GFW_5876.jpg

GFW_5878.jpg

GFW_5880.jpg

GFW_5883.jpg

GFW_5892.jpg

GFW_5894.jpg

GFW_5900.jpg

GFW_5903.jpg

GFW_5905.jpg

GFW_5906.jpg

GFW_5931.jpg

Right, that should answer a lot of 'do you have a photo of my car' questions :)

As before, if you'd like to purchase a photo of your car please email me: [email protected]

Best,
George

Last edited:
Excellent pics - thanks for putting them up, I bet it took ages!!

None of the Monaro 'mushroom cloud' blow up?

Simon

That Black Series is one of the most evil-looking cars I've ever seen. :cool:

nightmare....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom