A Vmax type event.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Are any of the attendees going to be limited?

My insurance will cancel my policy if I have the remap and delimit done so I'm inclined to leave that.

Im going to be limited, as a matter of fact il probably be completely standard. But thats coz i want to get a chance to see what difference the mods make to these engines, and then make them to my own car if im happy with them.

I too was thinking of getting the car delimited before the event, but not too sure its really worth it as any mods i plan to do to it afterwards will require a remap and that normally gets rid of the limiter anyway. Although top speed is important to me, im also more prone to brute acceleration from lower speeds. So lets see how i fair against some of the modded E55's.

It does seem daft that some underwriters balk at a 155mph delimit. If you have a crash at 155mph, it's hardly likely to be much less costly to them that one at 180mph. IMHO, that is.

But hey ho.

It is a load of old toss as you elude to.

I might see what the situation is with the company you suggested to see what the difference would be (given that that policy you stated is similar to a multicar thing).

We'll do 200 in yours I'm sure!!! ;)

Im going to be limited, as a matter of fact il probably be completely standard. But thats coz i want to get a chance to see what difference the mods make to these engines, and then make them to my own car if im happy with them.

I too was thinking of getting the car delimited before the event, but not too sure its really worth it as any mods i plan to do to it afterwards will require a remap and that normally gets rid of the limiter anyway. Although top speed is important to me, im also more prone to brute acceleration from lower speeds. So lets see how i fair against some of the modded E55's.

Yes, I'm interested to see how other cars fair against the E55K.

There is some rapid stuff going.

I'm particularly interested to see how the GT-R fares!

Last edited:
JohnEBoy said:

I might see what the situation is with the company you suggested to see what the difference would be (given that that policy you stated is similar to a multicar thing).

If it is the same GTR that was at VMAX Hammer against the Ferrari it hit 206mph on the clock

Did the Oak policy via work. Would be happy to see if its any good for your needs. Suited me just right.

Not sure about 200... might have to start the run-up by the car park and hope for a 25mph tailwind! Lord knows. :)

(Saw a Ferrari ff locally a couple of times this week. In red. Glad one isn't going to the do. I'd spend the day just looking at it. Stunning. Absolutely blummin' stunning)

My insurance will cancel my policy if I have the remap and delimit done so I'm inclined to leave that.

Just going back to this for a wee second, how would your insurance company know if the car was delimited or indeed had been remapped to any stage???

If/When i get this type of work done i sure as hell wont be telling them anything, its just another excuse to jack up your premiums. I mean realistically what are the chances of you doing them kinda speeds on a normal road where your going to be making a claim, and if you did, i dont think your insurance would be your worry given where your going to end up!

As has been said, its just a load of toss.

In standard form we might not be the fastest on the day, but i dont think we're going to be the slowest. If your standard like i am then id like to have a run against yourself to see how both cars fair against each other, with only weight being a factor.

Another update
Alx
Marty. 359 C320 AMG
Benjy. C63 AMG PPP
Nudenut Audi R8 V10
DVB247. E55K AMG
Ricky S. E55K AMG
Markbe. SL600
Jack. C55 AMG
CSR. CLK AMG Black Series
Palmball. Fast JAG
Lagerlout. S65 AMG
Sheepy67. CLS 55 AMG
Lopes80. E55K AMG
Ferrari F430
Maff . Mclaren MP4
Maff . Ferrari GTO
Maff. Ferrari FF
Dizwen. C32 AMG
JT. AM DBS Volante
IL. AM DB9
JP. Lamborgini Diablo
PD. Lamborgini Murchilargo.
AJ. SL55AMG
PS. SL 55AMG
MG. Nissan GTR
PP. VW Golf R32
MM E55 AMG
Asad7860. E55K AMG
Gaz. 1 SLK 55 AMG
Jamie. Porsche 911 Turbo
CC. Ford Focus RS.
Wetfish C63 AMG
Alan SL65AMG RENNtech & PCS 840ftlb
Stevebez E55K AMG
TDE1 E55K AMG
Jz. Porsche 996 Turbo
Jz. Monaro.
Brabus K8 (friend) C320AMG
Medntee. E55K AMG
johnEboy E55K AMG
Brabus K8. E55K AMG Wagon
Brabus K8 (brother), Audi
Savman. E55K AMG
Wasim S55 AMG
BMW1M
AM Vanquish
AUDI RS4
VXR8

Just going back to this for a wee second, how would your insurance company know if the car was delimited or indeed had been remapped to any stage???

Knowing computers quite well, I would imagine the ECU will have some sort of record of what has been changed and when.

I believe insurance companies will look for any reason not to pay out on the fully comp part - and should they find out the car was remapped without their knowledge, at the time I was insuring it, I imagine they will delight in saying "computer says no" - and that would be a major blow given the potential values involved.

If I stack up 'just telling them' against the impact to me on the day and the associated cost of getting closer to 200mph (I presume the limit is the German gentleman's agreement 155), it doesn't really seem worth it.

I am going to see what the joint quote for our cars would be with the place Tim recommended but if it is significantly more, I can't see me doing it as I wont get the value out of it.

In standard form we might not be the fastest on the day, but i dont think we're going to be the slowest. If your standard like i am then id like to have a run against yourself to see how both cars fair against each other, with only weight being a factor.

Hmm, I'm 6'4" and not far from 19st. :eek:

Better get that remap done secretly.

:D

John, I've PM'd you the number for our department that did mine, feel free to give them a call.

Hmm, I'm 6'4" and not far from 19st. :eek:

Better get that remap done secretly.

:D

Steady on chap, not need to go all secretive, the only thing your height and weight tell me is that . . . . i really shouldnt mess with you!!!! :D (secretly i think im going to deliberately lose).

But no, im 6'2" and not far off, but i think my car will more than make up for the slight weight difference.

On the remap side of things, what happened to all these company's claiming that all the remaps were untraceable and they didnt affect the warranty's blah blah blah???

Iv had accidents in the past with undeclared mods, things like alloys and suspension that stands out a mile, and yet they've never bothered me about it. I think it'll have to be a very specific claim if they go to the extent of checking your ECU, but i suppose everyone has they're own way of doing things.

Lol. Hey, I'm a nice guy really.

I'd heard about them being untraceable but I would imagine that is not completely true although without knowing the capability of the software used or what data the ECU holds, my preference would be to err on the side of least potential grief.

I know in the real world you are probably right and it would be highly unlikely anything would happen as a result.

I suppose because I've asked them about it (rather than just saying nothing) means there is a record (and I know there is because I spoke to them about 3 things at that time, and when I spoke to them again to chase a certificate, they asked me if it was about the remap) and so this may be something that does crop up to bite me later.

Personally, I'd rather just change insurance than do it under their watch - which I will investigate tomorrow if I get a chance.

JUST TO ADVISE THAT OUR VMAX DAY IS NOW FULL NO MORE SPACES AVAILABLE.
I will update the final attendants list tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom