A Vote of Thanks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian B Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
300-24, saloon and coupe, E300 24 valve diesel estate
I would personally like to offer my vote of thanks for the organisers of this Summers GTG. Great Day, met lots of interesting people, managed to put faces to names etc. Many many thanks organisers for this day, long may they last.

And thanks from this side of the pond to all who organised and Maff who provided the gtg location! I had a nice time...I spend 3 days in the UK and only saw a few drops of rain which was very un-UK-like.

I had a nice time...didn't get much food though...and had enough to do to prevent me from getting bored ;) .

I got stuck in London traffic sunday evening though...was guided through a closed Thames tunnel (why doesn't clarion navigation use TMC?!?!?) and ended up missing the 22.30 channel train by 5 minutes...due to Sunday maintenance we had to wait till 1.26 for the next train to leave (normally the trains go every 30 minutes) and didn't see my bed till 5.30 Dutch time...ah well - can't get it all...I averaged a minor 182km/h on the French and Belgium highway with my diesel though :D ...

Vinay, thanks for all you did for us (again)!

greetingz,

I would like to thank everybody who made it possible for the GTG. Was a wonderful day :)

Ohh , and my minor mishap with the car was easilly sorted with a Mobile star system :)

My first GTG and have left with a new steering wheel and a big smile.

Nana for eveyone:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Originally posted by fuzzer
...Ohh , and my minor mishap with the car was easilly sorted with a Mobile star system :)

My first GTG and have left with a new steering wheel and a big smile...

J.,

What was your mishap? Glad to hear it's been sorted.

Any piccies of the new wheel then? :D :p

S.

S ,

My engine misfired and went into emergency running mode which made it sound like a lawnmower with as much power as a 9v battery.

Its all sorted now .. quick reset and it was normal ...... I don't want to think about it as ill never sleep .... hehe

Your car must be great with all that stuff on it... MAS and brakes :)

J.,

Whoa :crazy: Glad it's sorted then, shame MB don't sell mobile Star systems as optional accessories to customers eh? ;) Any mention as to what caused it in the first place, or just a random glitch?

Originally posted by fuzzer
Your car must be great with all that stuff on it... MAS and brakes :)

As for mine, yeah that's my one major consolation, the car is running the sweetest I've ever known it, since owning it. :D The new MAS made the biggest difference but the new sparks have made a difference too. The brakes don't seem to have changed in performance but at least I have peace of mind that all is new pads/discs/fluid in system. I'm also a bit bemused because I'm sure the a/c is blowing colder air (not that I thought it was lacking in the first place) but the only thing I can think of is that they drained, flushed and replaced the engine coolant. :confused:

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom