A week i'll never forget

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was in your position 3 years ago, now I am better than I ever was, do as they tell you, lose weight, sensible exercise, and keep taking the tablets!!!

Well, I recognise the last part...

lose weight, sensible exercise, and keep taking the tablets!!!

I'm not hugely excited about exercise but my GP suggested just over a year ago to do some exercise as it can help relieve stress which I was going through (part of the reason for buying the Merc). He asked if I had a bike.

He didn't know it but that is the one thing I used to enjoy a lot. So I invested a modest sum of £300 in a good quality bike (has no bells or whistles e.g. suspension, discs etc. - actually it does have a bell).

20 years on and sitting on a bike again, felt utterly strange and weird facing the elements without a glass screen and framework all around you.

But, inline with the old adage... off I went.

I started getting into the habit of sowing the "I am going out for a cycle, when I get home" seed in the morning and then not sitting down after work, putting on shorts and a t-shirt and just going!

Did a few runs last year before the nights closed in. Started up again in Spring this year. I have to say it has made a difference on how I feel about things and life in general.

Of course this side of things is no real benefit when you are 10 but of course now it does - not to mention the exercise part of it.

I do a 4 mile run with a fairly gentle but sustained incline, each time and it takes around 30 minutes all in.

If one can find something that one can get into - it makes it a lot easier if you are anything like me...

Get well fella

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom