A Whats It Worth Post???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLKKOMP

Guys

Im after some help in pricing my CLK W209, im considering part x'ing however im also considering private sale

Its spec is:
2003 53 PLate
200 Komp Auto Tip tronic elegance
With just over 40000 on the clock
Full Merc Service History
Extended Merc Warranty Until Oct 2010
In Metalic Brilliant Silver
Leather Interior
Comand
TV Tuner
CD Changer
Ipod Input Jack
Sports Exhaust, have stock one as well
Tax'd till October and MOT'd till Ocotober

Its in great condition, no dings or dents etc not even a car park mark, this car has been my pride and joy, looks like new

Ive also got a set of 18" Lorinser blade style wheels as well, id include these if selling private

What sort of price do u guys think id get part exchanging it and what do u think i'd get selling it private??

thanks
Neil

Guys

Im after some help in pricing my CLK W209, im considering part x'ing however im also considering private sale

Its spec is:
2003 53 PLate
200 Komp Auto Tip tronic elegance
With just over 40000 on the clock
Full Merc Service History
Extended Merc Warranty Until Oct 2010
In Metalic Brilliant Silver
Leather Interior
Comand
TV Tuner
CD Changer
Ipod Input Jack
Sports Exhaust, have stock one as well
Tax'd till October and MOT'd till Ocotober

Its in great condition, no dings or dents etc not even a car park mark, this car has been my pride and joy, looks like new

Ive also got a set of 18" Lorinser blade style wheels as well, id include these if selling private

What sort of price do u guys think id get part exchanging it and what do u think i'd get selling it private??

thanks
Neil

Quite the best way to value it is to use the trade bible, Glass's Guide. Go to their website and for a few quid they will give you a complete valuation including the value of the extras you have. They will give you part ex, trade, private sale and dealer prices. I have found this a valuable tool to help haggling. Print it off and show it to your dealer. I found it helped.

If not go to the Vauxhall website and under Value my car you can get a much shorter version of a Glass's Guide value.

Or text the reg details to 86007 and they will text you back a valuation for £1-50p IIRC

Let us know what you find out.

Don't take Glass' as gospel. The Cabriolets seem to be all over the place, I got offered a 51 plate 430 for miles behind book and then in the same day heard another local guy to me bought a newer 200K Cabriolet or way ahead of book because he reckons that is what they are worth.

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Glass's gives the 'average' of what a large sample of dealers are doing. Best guide there is. Of course, some pay more than and some pay less than the average. And private deals are often all over the place.

My son in law put his Focus on auction on E-bay and got more than dealers were asking. So you can be lucky. But Glass's gives you a good average guide. Useful starting point.

Pistonheads is a good guide as to what is selling and at what price. It's free as well :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom