A12 Chelmsford 30/11/04 1pm ish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DITTRICH

MB Enthusiast
Car
S205 C200SE & W202 C230K
A12 Chelmsford 30/10/04 1pm ish

Mr Plod had hidden his car at the far end of a line of cars in a layby. He was resting his handheld detector on the roof of his vehicle while everybody zips by. I spotted him (rather his car) from 100mtr + and took my foot off the accelerator - no sharp braking as he would have targetted me before I noticed him anyway. Drifted by him showing 78ish on the clock.
But what really irks me is that this was a nice long straight 3 lane road, with light traffic and in no way an accident blackspot. It must have been the end of the month and they had to make up their revenue budget. I await the post with interest.
Rgds
Les

Last edited:
Should have just braked. I don't care how dangerous it is, the Police can't do you for speeding if you aren't.

DITTRICH said:
Mr Plod had hidden his car at the far end of a line of cars in a layby. He was resting his handheld detector on the roof of his vehicle while everybody zips by. I spotted him (rather his car) from 100mtr + and took my foot off the accelerator - no sharp braking as he would have targetted me before I noticed him anyway. Drifted by him showing 78ish on the clock.

100+ metres distance is very close, by the time the 'input signals' reach the relevant 'parts' if he was zapping you, then you were already zapped. I am not familar with the A12, but if it was not a dual carriageway then your wait might indeed be 'rewarded' :mad: If it was a dual carriageway then you might get away with your offence.

Strange how all the adverts state that speed is the main killer on our roads, yet the majority of fatalities are in our towns and cities, and involve speeds of LESS than 30mph?? I wrote to the Minister of Transport about this and he had one of his 'minions' write a reply aknowledging this, but then went on with countless statistics that were trying to claim just the opposite??

Regards,
John

Should you not be be posting on the De Lorean board Les :D

strange thing is that everybody else seemed to be blithely zipping along at roughly the same speed. I reasoned that he must have zapped me already by the time I saw him, so braking wouldn't have made any difference? Provided my speedo reads a little high I ought to be just about okay.

OGiii said:
Should you not be be posting on the De Lorean board Les :D
He's put his clock FORWARD a month..

But seriously, was this on the Chelmsford by-pass ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom