A124 (cabriolet) Slow Oil Leak by offside rear Jack point

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pavvirdee

Car
Mercedes A124 220
I have a small oil leak on my vehicle which is located where the rear driver side Jack point is. Oil can also been seen on the rubber Jack point, I am unsure where it’s coming from. This causes a small/slow oil leak..

Has someone experienced this before ?

I have a small oil leak on my vehicle which is located where the rear driver side Jack point is. Oil can also been seen on the rubber Jack point, I am unsure where it’s coming from. This causes a small/slow oil leak..

Has someone experienced this before ?
Have you checked any pipework in the area?

The only "oil" should be the hydraulic fluid assuming that the roof is powered?

The only other fluids are brake fluid or fluid leaks from the dampers?

The most likely culprit is a rear brake line that has corroded behind the cover. If not then roof hydraulics. Either way it is not "oil" it will be hydraulic fluid and the source needs to be found and fixed before it does more damage. You'll have to take the undercover off - I can't remember on the 124 if you take the sill cover off first or not. Either way it is worth taking those off whilst you are there to look for other corrosion. You could also check the brake fluid and roof fluid levels to look for clues there.

pavvirdee Welcome Can you please fill in your profile . See what others have under their pictures on the left hand side .
This will give you some idea of how it should look .This will help us to help you faster later on .. What model is it ? is it W124 i know to about 10 or more W124 not all the same regarding information .

pavvirdee Welcome Can you please fill in your profile . See what others have under their pictures on the left hand side .
This will give you some idea of how it should look .This will help us to help you faster later on .. What model is it ? is it W124 i know to about 10 or more W124 not all the same regarding information .
His / her profile says A124 - so it's a cab. Nothing more needed for this question.

His / her profile says A124 - so it's a cab. Nothing more needed for this question.
I was a little baffled about this.. yes, I’m sure I wrote A124

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom