A124 exhaust

• Thread starter Deleted member 11979
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 11979

Oh dear!

My 1994 E320 cabriolet passed its mot on Friday with just one advisory, which I was expecting, slight blow from the exhaust.

So that wasn’t too bad until I started looking into obtaining a new system. It needs the whole lot , cat included as it’s barely hanging on by a thread to be honest.

Phoned gsf and Euro car parts, other local factors and not one could supply all three bits. I don’t fancy buying one but from here , one bit from there and having it cobbled together by my local garage.

Mercedes wanted £2020.

Which led me to a stainless steel system. A local firm, longlife, will do it for £900 all in, seems reasonable compared to the other options.

Has anyone had a stainless system made by any company, what should I be aware of?

Is there anywhere a supplier of the mild steel system anywhere? I want good quality.

I look forward to hearing any thoughts.

Any thoughts? I have a complete non cat one from a 96 here, done 200 000 kms works well. Distance will be problematic, they are heavy.

Maybe not a problem many people have encountered

ccaallvviinn just like to say .Some jobs under the car you need to remove the silencer .Would it be possible, to have the silencer built to by pass these items you have to remove for work on engine, and g/box.Or have that section made with joints in that area so you can just un bolt the one part to work on the item . If its all in one you will have to drop the whole system

Don't look back on a stainless system, trust me you won't regret it and its on for life. You also get a warranty that so long as you have the V5 they will replace any damaged parts like hitting a sleeping policeman (and reversing back over him lols!) I'll always put a stainless system on my vehicles, the guys up here know me well, but only when the original exhaust is fully knackered.. Longlife are good and can make up performance stainless systems,one thing to be aware of is it mad be a shade louder than what was on, mine was.. but other than that go for it!

One reason i took my car on was because i knew it had a stainless fitted . That was on there when it was given to me 4 years ago .Dont know how long its been on . This years is the first time i have had to do anything to it ,that was to replace a rusty U clamp DSC04249.JPG that had corroded .

Stainless seems to be the only sensible way forward, now I have to choose a supplier, there are at least 3 within easy distance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom