A160 - 2004

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sanj517

Car
Mercedes W126 420SE, W168 A210, W211 E220 CDI
Hi, I have an A160 avantgaurde 2004 that has been serviced by main dealer and Mercs Only as long as I have owned it. It is due for a servive A at 52000 miles but I am tired of paying the dealer high prices and the even higher prices of Mercs Only as you go in for something and they diagnose 3 or 4 more other faults that always add to between £500 to £700.

I would like to give it a go myself, at this mileage what would I need to do?

Rgds

If it is any consolaton we have an a180 near new, cash purchase, with a merc maintenance contract which has clause in it saying teh garage has the right to replace and charge for any part it deems necesary. I refused to sign the contract. The dealer reverted to germany and the answer was sign or no contract ! now on every service I have to give written instruction not to fit any part without my permission other than those included in the contract !

Hi, I have an A160 avantgaurde 2004 that has been serviced by main dealer and Mercs Only as long as I have owned it. It is due for a servive A at 52000 miles but I am tired of paying the dealer high prices and the even higher prices of Mercs Only as you go in for something and they diagnose 3 or 4 more other faults that always add to between £500 to £700.

I would like to give it a go myself, at this mileage what would I need to do?

Rgds

Check out Albert Rowe, Lofty's homepage. A-class info, wine making, solar panels, Scotland, Canada Rockies, orchids. everything you need to do is covered by lofty get the disc and you'll save ££££

First thing is find a better indie, you wont find a good review of M-Only on any mercedes forum. 'A Service' is basically just an oil and oil filter change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom