A160 Blueefficiency Q

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theogeor

Car
B180 SE (w246), A160 (W169) Avantgarde, Porsche 911 (997 C2)
Hi All

I got my wife a brand new A160 Blueefficiency Avantgarde three weeks ago and overall we are pleased with it. We have only done about 700 miles so far so the engine is still a but tight (you feel the difference from day 1 by the way)
The fuel consumption according to the computer is around 32-33 MPG which is not what I expect in the longer term. After we run the engine I expect closer to 40MPG. The start stop is great by the way and I am hopping that will help as my wife does a lot of city/London driving and stopping and waiting at traffic lights is common.
Anybody who has first hand experience on what to expect ?

Hello and Welcome.

I think with the smaller engine you do tend to 'try' harder in it to maintain your speed etc so sometimes the bigger engines are actually better...(don't have to try as hard)

Is it auto or manual?

My wife has a B class Auto 2.0d and that does 40mpg on any trip and over 50 without trying, my best is 59mph (I want to crack 60)

It will losen up as it is new, also work out the fuel on what you fill up and the trip reading against what the computer says just to make sure.

With a lot of stationary, town work 33mpg currently could be about right, however I would think on run iver 40 should be pretty easy?

Hi and thanks for quick reply. Its a manual petrol engine. I do not think the engine size or power is an issue as its more than enough (95HP and 140nm torque is fine for city driving) for my wifes driving style and she never has to push it anyway.
I will use the fill up method to test as well as the computers are not always right :)

Regards

Theo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom