A170 Bonnet Catch - Adjustable??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ldare

Car
2007 R320 CDI Sport / 2003 270ML CDI Inspiration
Hi
I really really struggle to close the bonnet on my 2006 A170. Is it adjustable in anyway? I really have to slam it down with full force and I am about to sell and doesnt look looked after as it is.

Ta

You're not suppose to push it down, to close - it needs to be dropped from about horizontal position, according to the manual.

You're not suppose to push it down, to close - it needs to be dropped from about horizontal position, according to the manual.

Yes I know.......hence why Ive not said I push it down???

It will certainly be adjustable. The following assumes MB use similar methods on each model of car.

Look at the panel gaps or whether the bonnet is flush when closed. If it looks right than adjust the latches - usually a loop of metal attached to the underside of the bonnet with a nut to lengthen or shorten the loop.

If the bonnet doesn't close in the correct position then you can adjust the bonnet stops - usually bolts with a rubber top and a lock nut. The stop screws up and down to adjust the closed position.

The latch and the stops work in opposition to each other so if the bonnet is hard to close you can either adjust the latch by lengthening the loop or screw in the stops depending how it looks in the closed position. To do it right you should use the stops to position the bonnet correctly then adjust the latch for ease of closing.

It will certainly be adjustable. The following assumes MB use similar methods on each model of car.

Look at the panel gaps or whether the bonnet is flush when closed. If it looks right than adjust the latches - usually a loop of metal attached to the underside of the bonnet with a nut to lengthen or shorten the loop.

If the bonnet doesn't close in the correct position then you can adjust the bonnet stops - usually bolts with a rubber top and a lock nut. The stop screws up and down to adjust the closed position.

The latch and the stops work in opposition to each other so if the bonnet is hard to close you can either adjust the latch by lengthening the loop or screw in the stops depending how it looks in the closed position. To do it right you should use the stops to position the bonnet correctly then adjust the latch for ease of closing.

Thanks 190 I’ll have a good look as suggested. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom