MERCEDES A170 CDI Avantgarde
- Powerful 1.7 L TURBO DIESEL
- Very ECONOMIC – 60+ MPG
- 17” AMG Alloys (very expensive) - could fit C class?
- Very easy to drive and park in town yet very spacious inside
- New gearbox – 6+ months warranty – will be good for another 10 years
- 5 speed manual, power steering
- Only 97 k miles
- Very clean and tidy Half – leather interior, aircon
- Becomes a small VAN when the rear seats are removed
- Service history
- MOT till December, Tax till 31/01/2012
- Fully working sunroof
- Clarion CD / Radio and good powerful speakers
- Metallic paint (purple)
- Comfortable elevated seating position
- Very clean exterior – it looks like a 2-year old car.
- V5C registration document is awaiting new signature on page 2
BONUS: I will throw in the following:
· NEW Haynes Mercedes A-Class manual
Turbo needs a service. The car still drives fine; however the acceleration is somewhat slower than it used to be. Eventually this will need to be looked at – it is likely to cost around £200 for a healthy 2nd hand part + oil/filters; the installation is easy for anyone with good mechanic knowledge and the right tools.
The engine runs very smoothly while turbo is idle.
There are some very small stone chips on the bonnet lid – all A-class cars have it, but really nothing else bad to mention.
Very minor kerbing damage on the front alloys (very easily fixed / masked) – I am being very honest here – the rear ones are perfect and look like new.
The Gearbox will need a planned oil check-up in 4 weeks (£35 and can be done at any gearbox specialists or the main dealer).
It is a nice clean car and once serviced will provide a good service for years to come.
It is an ideal car for anyone with mechanic knowledge or, perhaps, their wife – it takes the parking and driving hassle away. It makes other small cars look very ‘cheap’ in comparison.
Inspection welcome in Bristol, and you can safely drive away (with appropriate insurance) – but I would advise against using the busiest roads due to slower acceleration or traveling 100s of miles on the motorway till the problem is fixed.
I would have fixed it myself, but I always wanted a bigger car (carrying bike, camping gear, a few tall mates, etc), and someone with good knowledge will service it at a fraction of cost what MB specialists charge me even for an oil change (receipts available).
No offers for separate parts please! all or none!
ONLY £2499 or best offer
p/x (either way) will be considered for reliable diesels like Focus C-max, Mondeo, corrola verso, Skoda Superb, Volvo S40 - anything with plenty of headspace, affordable servicing, good mpg and sensible insurance