A180 AMG Sport Comand Online

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Antihero

Hiya, I'm having real trouble today after taking delivery of my new car. I can't seem to access comand online via my iPhone 5s. I am reading conflicting reports that the system doesn't even support iPhone others say it does. How do you hook up the phone so you actually are able to use the screen for emails, texts and also surfing the internet.

I'm a bit annoyed the car came with the old style iPhone cable. Also a little concerned that I have paid for a system that doesn't seem to work.

Any help would be great thanks.

Hiya

Thanks both,

It's a brand new car and have spent all day trying to get the system to connect to the internet.

It connects to the phone via Bluetooth but I don't get any album artwork on the screen and in the phone menu the SMS menu is grayed out so I can't select SMS.

I will try the hotspot setup tomorrow, I did look at this but I am wondering as I was parked on my driveway the phone was connected to my home wireless so that may have been an issue.

All very new to this so apologise for obvious mistakes!

Thanks again

This was for iPhone 4 SMS

on iphone go to settings/ Bluetooth /MB Bluetooth tap the blue i / enable show notifications . give it a go it worked for me :thumb:

You will not get album artwork through Bluetooth, you only get this when it is hard wired through the media interface kit. With the 5s you will need the 30 pin to lightening converter. Only buy a genuine one of these converters from apple otherwise it will not work properly (cheap non eom do not transfer the audio)

The internet can only be accessed when the phone is set to personal hotspot (took me a while to figure that out as well!)

For texts, you cannot read existing texts on the phone however you can set it up to display new text messages that arrive whilst the phone is connected. On your phone, go to, settings, Bluetooth, press the i next to the MB Bluetooth device, then turn on "show notifications".

Hope this helps!

Again thanks both,

I have taken a trip to my local dealership one guy was very helpful the sales guy not so much!

I took your advice and purchased a cable from them at bloody £60!

Now I get both artwork and SMS which is great and tomorrow will try the hotspot hook up for the internet.

I have also downloaded the drive style app from the apple store which says that it integrates apps from your phone.

Any advice on this?

Thanks again for the help.

I bet you'd have found the salesman more attentive if you told him that you liked the car so much you want to buy another one.

As far as I know you have to get something done at the dealership to get the DriveStyle app to work. It's chargeable according to the brochure I have. Be interested to know what it's like as I have been toying with it for my A45.

To be honest as I am new to this group I didn't want to say much but the guy was an ****....

A bit of you didn't buy the car from us so not really our problem. I kind of understand but nobody seems to be able to help with these new technology questions.

I have activated my hotspot on my phone but how do you then get the car to connect to it?

I will keep you updated with the drive style app, I assumed once downloaded it would connect but this isn't the case looks like another tip to the helpful dealership!

Thanks all

Everything is now working, iPhone hotspot connected, SMS and artwork plus web browsing.

A bit worrying that Mercedes told me the iPhone 5 is not compatible and will not work with comand online and also won't allow internet access via the system when it actually does.

Thanks everyone for the help

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom