A180 cdi 2006 V Belt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tezz

Car
A180 w169 2006 2.0 cdi
V belt got taken out by alternator pulley, was very worn so no part number on it

Iv replaced the alternator pulley and got part number from EPC, matched it to old one and its identical. chassis number WDD1690072J287535

Also replace the lower guide pulley again got part number from EPC and matched it up to original as there are 3 different sizes on my skate one 65mm, one 70mm and one 76mm

Order a Gates belt using part number A0029934896 17.8x1745mm, checked part that arrived and its 5PK1745 so should be the same length.

I have a flat bar with a 15mm crows foot on it so can move the tensioner a fair way

Problem is no matter what I try I cant get the belt over compressor it seams way to short

Its a bit hard to see, but appears to be on the pulleys correctly and routed the right way according to my WIS

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Tezz

one thing I did notice is the groves on the replacement belt were very shallow compared to old ? I assumed was just as it was new.

is there anything I cant see like a bolt or bracket near water pump I may have snagged of got belt around ? to make it appear too short

Thanks

Tezz

There may be two lengths of belt depending on what ancillaries your car has. EPC normally show the different options. You will find the correct routing of the belt if you do a google search.

Thanks yes I checked belt I needed for air con ect and epc said 1745, I got pic of routing all looks correct to me

Thanks

Tezz

Attachments

• MB 2004 _ W169 _ OM640 _ Serpentine etc.jpg
    MB 2004 _ W169 _ OM640 _ Serpentine etc.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 5
Still had old parts so checked them again, taped old belt to floor and measured it got 1745, even cut new gates belt in half did the same again 1745, checked circumference of new pulley to old both the same.

Iv ordered a new belt genuine MB for my car.

Not beaten yet but getting close.

If new belt dont fit just one thing ,left and thats operator error in fitting, which is looking increasingly likely

Not giving up just yet , I hate not being able to fix something

Thanks

Sorry people I forgot to post outcome, yes i did have correct belt, now all fitted, but what a pain in ****, it is possible to change belt and all pulley wheels from underside of car on drive, i def don't recommend it tho, parts about £60, stres and pain infinate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom