A180 Cdi 2015 diesel glow plug light (on behalf of Kristina)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BobHUK

Car
Mercedes E 220 diesel estate
Hello all,

Kristina is a new member and she didn't know how to post a new thread, so she posted the text below in my thread about my E220 diesel. I advised her to start a new thread, but she's told me she doesn't know how to start one, so I've posted this on her behalf. If you reply, please can you reply to her and not me? Many thanks.

Kristina said: ↑

Hi everyone,

I need your advise I have my Mercedes Benz A180 Cdi 2015 diesel , and this glow plug light came on 1 month ago and still steady on dashboard, but no smoke from the engine or difficulties to start the engine. I have done diagnostic twice but with different people and they all said there is some computer glitch and the removed it. But after few hours this glow plug symbol is still pop in up :((( I'm a bit lost don't know what to do and just ordered glow plugs in case its them and also relay. I don't know if its any of that to be honest.

Will look forward to your responses

Hi, I have a B180 diesel with a glow plug light on, been on for over a year now and engine starts ok as yours. I was told that this particular engine the glow plugs are not easily replaced and as such carry a rather large labour bill. Glow plugs themselves are around £15-20. My symptoms are that when starting the car the glow plug symbol on the dash lights as normal, goes out and then when the car starts comes on again for 2-3 minutes and then goes out again. When the car engine is warm, all works ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom