A180 CVT Gearbox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kwakdonut

MB Enthusiast
Car
Frod Mundano TDCi, Kawasaki z650
Evening all,

have done this to my C270 and it's great!

What is it you ask?

Resetting the gearbox.

Does anyone know if this can also be done to a 57reg A180 Auto??

Have tried the same key in/foot down/foot up/key off/2 minute wait procedure that works in my 203 but never really noticed a difference.

Anyone help?

Cheers
Tony

The reset?

Seems to work on some but not others - definitely worked on my 270 though. Feels like you've fitted a new gearbox!!

It resets the accelerator pedal memory, not the gearbox.

I believe it resets the throttle position sensor which works with the gearbox and 'learns' your style of driving - that's what I've learned so far anyway!

I believe it resets the throttle position sensor which works with the gearbox and 'learns' your style of driving - that's what I've learned so far anyway!

Surely by its very nature a CVT based system shouldn't have to 'learn' your style of driving?

Have tried the same key in/foot down/foot up/key off/2 minute wait procedure that works in my 203 but never really noticed a difference.

Can you elaborate on the proceedure - I might give that a try on my ML270 to see if it will liven things up a little.

When you say key in - do you turn it on at all and how far?

Procedure as follows -

Key in, turn to Position 1 (first 'click'!)
Press accelerator to the floor and hold for a count of five
Release
Turn key back to off position but do not remove
Wait a minimum of two minutes then drive as normal.

I believe that it resets the throttle position sensor and/or the gearbox logic so that it 're-learns' your driving style.

Definitely worked in my 270 - certainly wasn't just placebo effect!! Felt livelier and more responsive - quite sluggish before.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom