A200 AMG Line

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Taff814

Car
C220 CDI Coupe AMG Sport Auto
My wife is thinking about buying an A200 AMG Line.

Anyone have any thoughts on these? Should she go for it?

It'll be petrol with a manual box.

It has plenty of power for a small hatch and is much smoother and quieter than an A200d. A200's are fairly rare, especially in a manual. Are you looking for a new or used one?

Hi JBD.
Thanks for your reply. My wife is looking for a new one. We've "built" one online and took the details to Norwich. Sadly once again, despite a "I'll only be a minute" we walked out after nearly 30 mins, drove to King's Lynn and got seen straight away by a lovely chap called Rob. That's the second time we've had to leave the Norwich showroom after a mega wait. We've contacted them 3 times via email asking for some information and nobody got back to us.
We are going back to King's Lynn next week for a test drive and, I suspect, my wife will place an order.

Hi JBD.
Thanks for your reply. My wife is looking for a new one. We've "built" one online and took the details to Norwich. Sadly once again, despite a "I'll only be a minute" we walked out after nearly 30 mins, drove to King's Lynn and got seen straight away by a lovely chap called Rob. That's the second time we've had to leave the Norwich showroom after a mega wait. We've contacted them 3 times via email asking for some information and nobody got back to us.
We are going back to King's Lynn next week for a test drive and, I suspect, my wife will place an order.

That doesn't sound ideal! Have you been contacting a specific salesman at Norwich?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That doesn't sound ideal! Have you been contacting a specific salesman at Norwich?

No we haven't. We would have just been pleased for anyone to help.

Further to my second post, we asked for some more financial figures from the salesman in King's Lynn at 1530 yesterday and they were emailed to me at 0925 this morning. That's the type of service I like

Thanks JBD. Sorry about that. Rob has just contacted my wife and although they don't have a petrol engined car for her to drive they have a diesel and a test drive is booked for Thursday. If you have a petrol manual A200 AMG Line demonstrator......

I like Kings Lynn. I used to deal with a Mark McKittrick, but sadly he left the franchise. I'd still trust them more than Listers at Boston.

If you like a particular dealer, stick with them.

I had the same issue with the Peterborough franchise, in that I wanted to check out a C Class yet no one was available. After twenty minutes wait, we headed to Listers in Boston where I finally purchased my C Class.

If you are happy travelling, then deal with Rob at Lynn. My mother bought a second hand B Class from Lynn, and got a lovely bouquet of flowers from Mark. Considering the car only cost £7,000, that was a very nice touch, often missing from other dealers.

P.S. I'm not endorsing Robinsons at Kings Lynn, as I use an independent garage, but if I was to use a franchise dealer, it would be them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom