A200D Premium Plus - Tyre's Pressure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brunomatost

Car
A200D Premium+ / Diesel / Automatic
Hi Guys,
I noticed something a bit irregular (in my opinion) and wanted to check with you guys since mechanics and anything related to cars is not my strong(putting diesel is as far as i go) :oops:

So i bought the car brand new in October, and thought it was batter to go check now the tyre pressure just in case.

On the tyre itself it say do not except 40 psi and next to the diesel lid the maximum for 5 people was 37 psi in front and 32 or 35 in the back

All good so far.. So off i go to refill them to 37/35/whatever, but the values when i connected the pump showed the tyres came from the store and were still with roughly 48 psi in front and 47 in the back tyres

So i put the recommended values but i find myself questioning if i should have left it or should put back to 48/47. I also noticed the consumption went from 62.8 mpg to 54/56 mpg.:wallbash::wallbash:

It possible the dealer didn't complete a proper PDI and reduce the tyre pressures from delivery...

Are you sure the gauge you used is accurate?

It is slightly concerning you haven't checked the pressures in the last 6 months....

The gauge on fuel station forecourt air hoses are often inaccurate and unless you always use the same one they will be inconsistent.

Buy yourself a mid range digital gauge (eg Michelin) which will be very accurate (but not perfect) but most importantly it will be consistent.

Use the pressures in the fuel filler and follow the guidance on the flap, ie usually the tyre pressure should be mentioned when the tyre is cold (ie stationary for several hours).

Generally, high tyre pressures lead to improved fuel consumption, but that difference sounds too big to be due to the change in pressure alone.

What does the tyre pressure monitor in the instrument cluster say the individual wheel pressures are?

if you’ve reduced the pressures by as much as you suggest, it must have triggered...

What does the tyre pressure monitor in the instrument cluster say the individual wheel pressures are?

if you’ve reduced the pressures by as much as you suggest, it must have triggered...

no triggers whatsoever, all kept working as normal

It possible the dealer didn't complete a proper PDI and reduce the tyre pressures from delivery...

Are you sure the gauge you used is accurate?

It is slightly concerning you haven't checked the pressures in the last 6 months....

its a new car so i wasn't expecting sudden loss of pressure, the "gauge" i open was at a gas station

The gauge on fuel station forecourt air hoses are often inaccurate and unless you always use the same one they will be inconsistent.

Buy yourself a mid range digital gauge (eg Michelin) which will be very accurate (but not perfect) but most importantly it will be consistent.

Use the pressures in the fuel filler and follow the guidance on the flap, ie usually the tyre pressure should be mentioned when the tyre is cold (ie stationary for several hours).

Generally, high tyre pressures lead to improved fuel consumption, but that difference sounds too big to be due to the change in pressure alone.

tyre was def cold as i was just about to go on a trip so stoped at gas station just to check.

the fuel difference is what happened and i noticed before my consumption on the same trip was almost always the same 62.8 exactly and now its varying from 54 to 56

I just found it very weird considering the max on the fuel cap was 37, on the tyre said max was 40 and the tyres had all 47/48 ?!? should i call the dealer and ask ? or just stick to the fuel caps even though it affected consumption ?

can it be because instead of the standard version of the a200d it's the premium plus version ? so maybe the tyres or the wheels are different ? i have no clue..

no triggers whatsoever, all kept working as normal
And what does it say the individual wheel pressures are?
I just found it very weird considering the max on the fuel cap was 37, on the tyre said max was 40 and the tyres had all 47/48 ?!? should i call the dealer and ask ? or just stick to the fuel caps even though it affected consumption ?
The inflation pressures on the fuel filler flap are correct for your vehicle, so use those values.

On the monitor shows 27/27.5 most times
The tyre pressure monitoring system displays the pressure in kPa (hundredths of a bar) so those numbers are an order of magnitude too small. Are you sure it’s not 270 or 275 (which are about the right numbers)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom