A207 2010 E350 door mirror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisf-1

Car
W207 2010 E class 350cdi convertible
Hi everyone I have the above car and the passenger side mirror (left) still operates but to a completely off kilter position it seem to be setting itself to far forward when unlocking the car and impossible to adjust to a useful position using controls has to be set manually the same problem again after locking, I have ordered a complete mirror with 3 months warranty from Prestige auto parts and will be fitting when it arrives are there any procedures I need to apply before or after fitting or should it be plug and play being a used part any advice gratefully received on this subject as never had to do this before many thanks Chris

You mean that it isn't folding in and out properly? This can happen if it has been knocked, and the usual fix is to knock it back into roughly the right place by hand and then use the switch to fold and unfold the mirrors so that the mechanism can reset itself.

Replacing the whole mirror with an identical model is plug and play. If you've got memory settings for seats and mirrors you'll have to adjust the new mirror and then store the setting again, but there's no coding required.

You mean that it isn't folding in and out properly? This can happen if it has been knocked, and the usual fix is to knock it back into roughly the right place by hand and then use the switch to fold and unfold the mirrors so that the mechanism can reset itself.

Replacing the whole mirror with an identical model is plug and play. If you've got memory settings for seats and mirrors you'll have to adjust the new mirror and then store the setting again, but there's no coding required.
That is what it is doing thanks for the advice I will give it a go and if it works will update thanks for your reply

Hi I have tried your suggestion but no joy it goes much to far forward when unlocking and I have corrected it several times manually but the same happens as soon as unlocked again

Hi I have tried your suggestion but no joy it goes much to far forward when unlocking and I have corrected it several times manually but the same happens as soon as unlocked again
That's a shame. At least you have a replacement on the way and they aren't hard to fit.

If it stays in the correct position when you manually set it but then goes wrong when it folds/unfolds you can switch off the auto fold on lock in the convenience settings. At least until you get your new one.

If you have memory seats the mirrors also have the 3 position memory and the passenger side has the 'move to see the kerb' position when car is put in reverse (if activated it uses a different memory position) Have you re set the memory ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom