A207 E class auto "Hold" on footbrake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zakbelle

Car
none
I read in my owners manual about a hold activated by the brake pedal so if you press it twice hard it will hold like a hand brake so that you can take your foot off the brake pedal without putting it in neutral. Say when you are at traffic lights. Is this an option and does anyone have experience of this as I can't seem to get it to work

Tia

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just a firm press once stationary.

Don't life your foot off the pedal, just a firm shove down and the word hold will pop up on the screen in front of you.

Press the brake or throttle to release.

Simples.

Hmm tried that. Had my foot on the brake at stop then pressed harder but got nothing?

I had the same question with my E Class coupe after I bought it last year . I found on a hill it works without a problem . On a level surface for me it very hit or miss , occasionally it works. The question I asked here last year was how far do you press the pedals and the replies I got where about an inch or so. Two short taps I've found work on a hill but on the flat it occasionally it works. Handy feature worth getting it to work. Looked at some online videos on brake hold and followed the instructions but no dice.

Hi,
You say you have a 2007 E class. SBC Braking system was fitted to E 211, CLS 219 and SL 230 from 2003 to 2006. It is possible to have a 2007 with SBC...late registered 2006 car... but are you sure you have it? Especially as you are having trouble prodding the brake pedal. Post up your Vin and some kind soul will give you the spec on your car if you do not already have it.

Steve.

Hi ste it's a 2010 A207 which is the e class convertible not a 2007 e class. I'll give the double tap a go and see what happens. Thanks all

Okay so I tried the double tap method as described on YouTube and it seems to work (a bit hit and miss though) cheers

On my A207 you just come to a halt with your foot on the pedal. When it has come to a complete halt, just push down about an inch or two more firmly and the HOLD appears. You can release the pedal at that point.

Works that way 100% of the time. No need for any double tapping, just a firmer (not even that hard or fast) push on the pedal. You must be at a complete halt first though.

Does your ECO mode work OK? As I have heard of people having issues where their second battery for the ECO stop start was on its last legs which stopped the HOLD function working as well.

On my A207 you just come to a halt with your foot on the pedal. When it has come to a complete halt, just push down about an inch or two more firmly and the HOLD appears. You can release the pedal at that point.

Works that way 100% of the time. No need for any double tapping, just a firmer (not even that hard or fast) push on the pedal.

Same on my 2013 W204. Works perfectly. I don't find it particularly useful to be honest, but yes it does work 'as it says on the tin'.

Hi 400ixl my car isn't fitted with Eco mode I think it just missed out being the 2010 model

Hi 400ixl my car isn't fitted with Eco mode I think it just missed out being the 2010 model

Lucky you :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom