A207 Reverse Camera help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Faisalgondal

Car
Mercedes e250 A207 Convertible
Hi

I have just fitted a new 10.25" Android screen to my e250 convertible. I ordered a backup camera to install at the same time. It's all wired up from the comand and screen now. I've run the wire all the way into the boot of the car. The camera I bought will fit into the trunk boot handle.

I've removed the panel under the boot and can now see and access the boot handle, but am stuck and need some advice.

Firstly, what is the best way to get the camera wiring up in towards the boot handle.
Second, I can feel the two torx screws on each side of the handle holding it in place. I couldn't open them with my torx screw driver as it's too long to hold in the tight space above, so I've ordered torx key set which will be here tomorrow. Once I open the screws, is it safe to remove the handle or do I need to be mindful of anything in particular?

Many thanks
Faisal

Into the handle? I'm trying to picture that... I'd assume the plastic to either side, where the lic plate lights are, would be ideal mounting points? Mine is an C207 but I'd assume it's the same back there?
Pix of the Android screen if you can. I've thought this might be a cool idea since the oem screen is kinda useless. I was curious if it looks good, and does it take a long time to boot up or do you leave it on all the time? Like from the moment I hit start I'm backing up within 3 seconds. Places to go people to see ;) So I was wondering if the rear cam is on screen or I gotta wait?

The camera I bought would fit perfectly into the boot handle as it has an attached switch to open the boot, so it will have to go there. I send some pics across when I'm back of the boot and screen, on a work trip to sunny London until Thursday.

There is a blank marked out in the plastic where the reversing camera goes. Remove the strip where the number plate lights are and you will see it.

There is a blank marked out in the plastic where the reversing camera goes. Remove the strip where the number plate lights are and you will see it.

Hi

I can see the blank but because my camera is a trunk holder I can't use this blank space.

Thanks

Not sure what you mean by a trunk holder. Got a link to the one you have got?

Anyone fit this camera?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom