A207 Tyre Sizes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndrewOl

Car
E350 A207
Hi all, been a while since I sold the GL420 and I have decided to try a convertible for the summer! Have picked up a nice sport E350cdi 2010 which has just had a new set of AMG wheels fitted. Look very nice but the tyre size doesn’t seem to match anything in the manual. 245/35/19 front 285/30/19. Apart from making the ride hard as nails the fronts actually look a bit stretched on the rims. Rears look good and no sign of arch rubbing. Any views on running these sizes of tyres on this car. Should I look to change wheels to something a bit more sane? How do I check the wheel size?

Hi all, been a while since I sold the GL420 and I have decided to try a convertible for the summer! Have picked up a nice sport E350cdi 2010 which has just had a new set of AMG wheels fitted. Look very nice but the tyre size doesn’t seem to match anything in the manual. 245/35/19 front 285/30/19. Apart from making the ride hard as nails the fronts actually look a bit stretched on the rims. Rears look good and no sign of arch rubbing. Any views on running these sizes of tyres on this car. Should I look to change wheels to something a bit more sane? How do I check the wheel size?
On my c207e400 tyres side as follows

Front 235/35/19

Rear 255/30/19

On my car tyre pressure is very important for ride comfort.

I have played around with tyre pressure within the Mercedes specification.

Best pressure for my car is

Front 33 psi
Rear 33 psi.

I check the tyre pressures first thing in the morning ( stone cold) with my own pressure gauge.

Hope this is a start for you.

Thank you. Looks like the AMG V wheels have been fitted. Wonder why they went one size up on the rears? Will change when they are done.

On my c207e400 tyres side as follows

Front 235/35/19

Rear 255/30/19

On my car tyre pressure is very important for ride comfort.

I have played around with tyre pressure within the Mercedes specification.

Best pressure for my car is

Front 33 psi
Rear 33 psi.

I check the tyre pressures first thing in the morning ( stone cold) with my own pressure gauge.

Hope this is a start for you.
Yours is most likely fitted with 8.5j rims front and back. Merc decided to stagger the tyres and not the wheels. Earlier a207 and c207 did have the staggered rims I think .... hence how people fit 275 and 285 profiles.

These wheels are definitely not original. Looks like it originally had 235 f and 255 r looking at receipts. So I suppose the question is are the wheels the correct size for the car. Only way to tell is to take wheel off and look for the wheel size stamp?

Hi, I have a bit of a better look and the wheels they are not AMG but copies (the £50 tyres should have been the dead give away). So not too keen on having wheels of unknown origin or quality especially with the ride destroying low profiles. There are genuine AMG wheels for sale on Ebay that would allow the 255 and 235 size tyres to be fitted on 18's which were the size originally supplied with the car. If I can get £300 for my 19's it works out cost neutral after two sets of tyres. Question is will the 18's improve the ride appreciably? The slightly higher sidewalls will help with potholes too. Car is the sport model so has the harder springs but these are easy to change as it will be due some shocks soon and I can do them then.

I'm having a play with pressures and you are right, can feel a big impact on the ride. It's a bit of a shame as it feels great on smooth new tarmac but throw some more common surface quality at it and it does feel quite unsettled.

Cheers

Andy

So I got rid of the cheap tyres and fitted 235/35/19 on the 8.5 et45 fronts and 275/39/19 on the 9.5 et45 rears. Closest I could get to a standard size on the non standard wheels. Pzero front and F1s on the back. Difference is quite noticeable. Alignment was not that far out. Just a bit too much toe all round which explained the dead steering feel. 1.5 camber on the rear each side which is a bit more than I would like but if the wear is ok I will live with that. Might need to look at fronts though as there is 0.5 difference 1/0.5. Is there a camber bolt for the a207?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom