A210 - button missing and AC not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharleyNokia

Car
Mercedes A210
Hey guys, my A210 just got delivered this lunchtime, and is a little worse for wear. There is a hole with circuit board exposed where the line of buttons are above the cd player. It the the button right end/closest to the driver. Whats button is it and will it be easy to take out of a breaker and put into mine?

Also, the AC off button doesn't do anything, how do I turn on the AC? Is it just press the round AC off button or something else? I see theres a little led in the switch, but again, does not light up when pressed. DO I need to hold it down or just touch/press once?

Ok, will do later on, have given key to garage for MOT and service for tomorrow. I have to order a new key direct from MB dealers right? Idea of a price?

We'd need to see pictures to be 100% sure.

I'm pretty sure the two outer switches are for Heated seats (if your car has them). If it doesn't you may be able to get a used switch panel and swap over what you don't need. However, having said that I'm pretty sure that you can't get the switches individually, I believe you need the whole switch panel:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-Merc...at_Gen:W168&hash=item2a2c3237e7#ht_321wt_1161

Last edited:
I think thats what my car has, the left outer button is blank on mine, so thats means I just need to get a blank button from the breakers too? The circuit board I see in the hole tho HAS gold contacts top and bottom, so I assumed it was for a rocker switch perhaps??

I'll have to take a close up pic inside the hole later.

Also I remember the odometer is REALLY dark, I can just see the reading, is this supposed to be lit up with or without the headlights on? I think a couple of the speedo's/tacho bulbs have gone too. Where can I get the bulbs from except MB dealers? motor factors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom