A220 popcorn exhaust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Topman2u

Car
A220 cdi amg
Should my exhaust be making this noise just done about 10mile trip back home and pulled up and smelt burning from back end then noticed the exhaust doing a noise like it's got popcorn inside it ( was a nice steady drive home not above 35mph) and also the car sounds like a transit van on 200,000 on clock slight judder aswell [emoji848]any advice please

https://youtu.be/fPlCBSuetLA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Metal cooling down, perhap the car was doing a DPF rengen?

Will that make it smell burning and drive about ****ty !!
And use more diesel !!
And it's been like it all day every time I driven it today yesterday was bang on [emoji848]

Yes and yes.

Take it for a decent long drive at motorway speeds to let it complete the regen.

How often does it do this !! [emoji85]

How often does it do this !! [emoji85]

Whenever the DPF needs to , normally determined by a couple of pressure sensors before and after the filter.

It will only start the process when the system is above a certain temp.

Your cooling fan will be running as well , even though the engine temp is OK.

Kenny

Car booked in with merc garage tomorrow to see what they say !
Better safe than sorry may aswell while warranty is still active [emoji848]

It just sounds to me like metal contracting too. - A little more "tinny" than I'd expect assuming it's a standard exhaust.

A DPF regen might make sense; that would certainly be getting the exhaust hotter than you'd expect.

It just sounds to me like metal contracting too. - A little more "tinny" than I'd expect assuming it's a standard exhaust.

A DPF regen might make sense; that would certainly be getting the exhaust hotter than you'd expect.

It's not just the exhaust the car sounds like a bag of [emoji90]rattle rattle rattle from the engine and using more diesel than I normally use in nearly a week [emoji31]

It's not just the exhaust the car sounds like a bag of [emoji90]rattle rattle rattle from the engine and using more diesel than I normally use in nearly a week [emoji31]

Its a diesel! They all rattle.

Its a diesel! They all rattle.

Not like this I had a BMW 3-Series m-sport diesel and it never sounded like this plus it never sounded like this until today [emoji848]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom