Whitey

Car
Seat Arosa 1.4 Auto :-(
The expressway to PCS opens at midday.

Now I only have to take 4 roads to get there :bannana:

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'20 SLC Final Edition, Lexus IS 300h, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
Great news! I look forward to riding the expressway in september! :) Will make our trips to Hayling Island a lot quicker! :) (and Ollys of course!)

Mike Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes W204 C220cdi Estate Ford Fiesta Mk 4
Another excellent major civil engineering Project undertaken by one of the leading Contractors in the UK - and no I don't work for them as they are one of our main competitors.
If only it had been undertaken a few years ago - it would have saved me hours on my journeys to Petersfield and Horndean via the A3.

billywhiz

Car
E55
Wow Finally !!! - How many years has it taken - it seems like forever :O)

Chrishazle

MB Enthusiast
Car
2008 S204 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 facelift SLK280 Auto.
We moved to Liphook almost exactly 5 years ago, for a year, and the construction started while we were living in Liphook, so it's taken between 4 and 5 years to build.

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S203 C230
Should be a good place to try out new de-cat pipes :D

prprandall51

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi
Should be a good place to try out new de-cat pipes :D
According to the local press and a friend who did the walkthrough of the tunnel last month, the speed in the tunnel is limited to 40mph (which is ludicrously slow) and monitored via average speed cameras.....

I have seen the 40-limit signs in his photos of the walkthrough but I could not see any evidence of approved average speed cameras so maybe it's just a rumour.

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E300Hybrid E250X3 Viano C55 E450Cab A180 Smart 44 Brabus
I am so pleased about this. It makes a much easier trips for my London customers.

Charles Morgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes 250CE W114, Alfa Romeo GT Coupe 3.2 V6
Now you only need to have a faster train service, and customers who don't forget their keys!

prprandall51

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi
According to the local press and a friend who did the walkthrough of the tunnel last month, the speed in the tunnel is limited to 40mph (which is ludicrously slow) and monitored via average speed cameras.....

I have seen the 40-limit signs in his photos of the walkthrough but I could not see any evidence of approved average speed cameras so maybe it's just a rumour.
Having just spoken to the person who did the walk-through and has now travelled the tunnel by car, the 40mph appears to have just been a pre-opening speed limit for construction vehicles, so apologies for misleading people on that one. Apparently it is NSL.

However, the average speed camera gantries are now in place....

nigel cross

MB Enthusiast
Car
W164 ML350 Audi S4
Now you only need to have a faster train service, and customers who don't forget their keys!
The trains are fast enough its only the frequency at which they stop at that station

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom