A3 Hindhead Bypass Tunnel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whitey

Car
Seat Arosa 1.4 Auto :-(
The expressway to PCS opens at midday.

Now I only have to take 4 roads to get there :bannana:

Great news! I look forward to riding the expressway in september! :) Will make our trips to Hayling Island a lot quicker! :) (and Ollys of course!)

Another excellent major civil engineering Project undertaken by one of the leading Contractors in the UK - and no I don't work for them as they are one of our main competitors.
If only it had been undertaken a few years ago - it would have saved me hours on my journeys to Petersfield and Horndean via the A3.

Wow Finally !!! - How many years has it taken - it seems like forever :O)

We moved to Liphook almost exactly 5 years ago, for a year, and the construction started while we were living in Liphook, so it's taken between 4 and 5 years to build.

Should be a good place to try out new de-cat pipes :D

According to the local press and a friend who did the walkthrough of the tunnel last month, the speed in the tunnel is limited to 40mph (which is ludicrously slow) and monitored via average speed cameras.....

I have seen the 40-limit signs in his photos of the walkthrough but I could not see any evidence of approved average speed cameras so maybe it's just a rumour.

I am so pleased about this. It makes a much easier trips for my London customers.

Now you only need to have a faster train service, and customers who don't forget their keys!

According to the local press and a friend who did the walkthrough of the tunnel last month, the speed in the tunnel is limited to 40mph (which is ludicrously slow) and monitored via average speed cameras.....

I have seen the 40-limit signs in his photos of the walkthrough but I could not see any evidence of approved average speed cameras so maybe it's just a rumour.

Having just spoken to the person who did the walk-through and has now travelled the tunnel by car, the 40mph appears to have just been a pre-opening speed limit for construction vehicles, so apologies for misleading people on that one. Apparently it is NSL.

However, the average speed camera gantries are now in place....

Now you only need to have a faster train service, and customers who don't forget their keys!
The trains are fast enough its only the frequency at which they stop at that station

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom