A35 4Matic Inoperable message

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

f1a5h

Car
A35 AMG
Hey Guys

First time poster!

Thought i'd drop a note that i'd had a warning message stating '4Matic Inoperable' pop up on my dash. Basically the 4matic system would fail and all power would go through the front! it made the car quite a different experience to drive!!!
I took it in to Mercedes who sorted it out in 2 hours with a system update. It's not ideal to get a fault after only owning the car for 3 weeks from new but i guess there will always be some issues when new models are released, all is fine thus far since the update, let's hope that continues!.

Just thought i'd post this in case anyone else had the same message to put their mind at ease.

Hey Guys

First time poster!

Thought i'd drop a note that i'd had a warning message stating '4Matic Inoperable' pop up on my dash. Basically the 4matic system would fail and all power would go through the front! it made the car quite a different experience to drive!!!
I took it in to Mercedes who sorted it out in 2 hours with a system update. It's not ideal to get a fault after only owning the car for 3 weeks from new but i guess there will always be some issues when new models are released, all is fine thus far since the update, let's hope that continues!.

Just thought i'd post this in case anyone else had the same message to put their mind at ease.

Do you know what caused the issue?

Do you know what caused the issue?
No real explanation was given really, all i got was that they'd called MB UK to report the fault who then guided them through a procedure to rectify the issue along with an update for the 4 wheel drive system.

first time poster !
i had an issue with my A35 last week, where the whole of the display went black (drivers side screen) not the left. just as i was setting off to cornwall, 900 miles on the clock. couldnt see speed/fuel etc.was informed that also needed an update,but would take FOUR HOURS. they said Germany were aware. not what i was looking for on my first merc, but they did give me another AMG so i could continue my journey.

Hey Guys

First time poster!

Hello all,

First time poster here ....
I bought a GLB in December from the Edinburgh MD and 2 months on (the car is 5 months old in total as i bought a demonstrator) and i got the same message! I took it to the MD in Doncaster as the the vehicle is still under warranty. It turns out the problem is corrosion on the transfer case actuator. This worries me quite a bit really...
Firstly how does something suffer from corrosion 5 months in? Secondly how will this affect me if it rears its ugly head again and my warranty has expired?
Any guidance would be much appreciated...

On a roll here with first time posters. Welcome all.

Welcome to the forum 👍
I had a GLB last week as a loaner absolutely loved it especially in the snow 20210114 130150 — Postimages]
20210114-130150.jpg
[/url]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom