A35, A45S lease deals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That deal does not make sense.

£7k + (24*£295) + £8500 = £22.7k approx

if you have that in writing for an A35AMG then you should bite their hand off
I’ll take one now.

I got a deal for PCP on a A35 fully specced-

24 months
£7000 deposit
£295 monthly

What do you guys think? Or do you think deals will improve later in the year?
8k miles
8500£ balloon payment

As above if that's true @ £22, 580 that's & £6k behind the cheapest one in Autotrader and assuming the finance deal is at 0%. If the Balloon was £16-18k that would make much more sense.

You deposit and payments is circa £14k over two years..... I'm paying just over £14k over 3 years in depreciation for a brand new car through my lease (well the company is compensating me for it) for a £40k car, so the same, if your balloon is set to get you out of the car at a trade price (which I bet it is).

All I'm saying that deals looks similar fir a slightly higher spec older used car. But your paying a lot over a shorter time period. Fir the same amount there are new A45 deals. If you suplimemt your monthlies with you deposit you could afford this... Screenshot_20200508-153107_Chrome.jpg

Been looking into this myself, really don’t like the 12.9% APR on merc used deals. Nobody will be agreeing to that! With monthly figures at £550+ with £5/6k deposits too, a little daunting for me who’d like to get into one of these cars

Been looking into this myself, really don’t like the 12.9% APR on merc used deals. Nobody will be agreeing to that! With monthly figures at £550+ with £5/6k deposits too, a little daunting for me who’d like to get into one of these cars
You might be surprised, some do. Many will be able to secure better rates based upon their personal circumstances and credit rating, so it’s worth asking what the best rate they could offer you.

If you don’t have much borrowing history then you may find that the rate is close to or at the headline figure, because your ability to repay is largely unknown, but always ask for a keen rate as there will be some margin too.

Generally speaking, the lower the risk the lower the rate. So if you have a long history of borrowing, a strong credit rating, pay a big deposit (in percentage terms, receive proven reliable income, and are able to comfortably afford the repayments, then the rate will be much lower than being new to borrowing, with limited credit rating, small deposit, variable income, and stretching yourself financially.

You might be surprised, some do. Many will be able to secure better rates based upon their personal circumstances and credit rating, so it’s worth asking what the best rate they could offer you.

If you don’t have much borrowing history then you may find that the rate is close to or at the headline figure, because your ability to repay is largely unknown, but always ask for a keen rate as there will be some margin too.

Generally speaking, the lower the risk the lower the rate. So if you have a long history of borrowing, a strong credit rating, pay a big deposit (in percentage terms, receive proven reliable income, and are able to comfortably afford the repayments, then the rate will be much lower than being new to borrowing, with limited credit rating, small deposit, variable income, and stretching yourself financially.
That’s very true! For my age I have a very good credit rating, decent credit history and job too! Owned 2 cars on PCP deals, rent a flat, blah blah blah! My next car will probably be the biggest financial commitment I’ve ever made, that’s the reason I’m covering all areas and asking the right kinda people (in this case owners and long standing merc customers)

That’s very true! For my age I have a very good credit rating, decent credit history and job too! Owned 2 cars on PCP deals, rent a flat, blah blah blah! My next car will probably be the biggest financial commitment I’ve ever made, that’s the reason I’m covering all areas and asking the right kinda people (in this case owners and long standing merc customers)
All that stuff will stand you in good stead and help you to negotiate a better interest rate.

Finance deals on promotion are often at a specific rate, which someone will either qualify for or not, often they’ll still be able to supply the car but at a slightly higher interest rate.

I leased an Audi and the deal was absolutely sensational, and on first enquiry they said it’s only available for people with a very strong credit rating (to manage expectations upfront).

The broker did say that the finance company were very very fussy and so if not approved then they would still be able to supply the same car but it would be more expensive.

They said it wouldn’t just be just the higher interest rate which would make it more expensive but also the deal contribution coming from the finance company,

The deal was so sensationally good because the broker, finance company, and car manufacturer were all offering incentives - the perfect scenario but you have to move fast!

All that stuff will stand you in good stead and help you to negotiate a better interest rate.

Finance deals on promotion are often at a specific rate, which someone will either qualify for or not, often they’ll still be able to supply the car but at a slightly higher interest rate.

I leased an Audi and the deal was absolutely sensational, and on first enquiry they said it’s only available for people with a very strong credit rating (to manage expectations upfront).

The broker did say that the finance company were very very fussy and so if not approved then they would still be able to supply the same car but it would be more expensive.

They said it wouldn’t just be just the higher interest rate which would make it more expensive but also the deal contribution coming from the finance company,

The deal was so sensationally good because the broker, finance company, and car manufacturer were all offering incentives - the perfect scenario but you have to move fast!
Right place at the right time it seems! 😂 I’m in no rush at the minute anyway, I appreciate all the helpful advice!

Hello,

I’m new to this forum and seeking some advice for people who have leased cars or are currently leasing.

I’m looking at possible A35 Amg premium plus package deals for a 24 month contract.

but when comparing them with A45S the
Monthly’s are not much different at all?

can anyone give me an insight on things to consider and if it’s worth leasing a car for a few years rather than buying it outright?

thanks
Entirely depends on your circumstances. If you do a hell of a lot of miles and want peace of mind that you arent gonna have to spend a fortune on services or repair work etc then leasing can be an attractive prospect.

I looked into leasing last year, and was really shocked to find that the Mercedes GLA was coming in cheaper than the likes of the Nissan Juke. The leasing company told me it was because the GLA at the time was about to get a facelift, so dealers were desperately trying to get rid of the soon to be old GLA stock. Also, with leasing you are essentially paying for the cars depreciation - a dealer lends you a car for 3 years knowing that at the end of the contract it will have depreciated by £10k, the contract will reflect that and over the course of 3 years you will have paid that £10k plus whatever profit that dealer wants to make out of you. Point being a 20k car that is made by a manufacturer with a higher depreciation rate might have similar monthlys to a 30k+ car that is made by a manufacturer that has stronger residuals.

Fyi when I was looking AutoVillage seemed to be the most competetive for Mercedes A Class and GLAs, not sure how they fair now but might be worth a look.

... plus whatever profit that dealer wants to make out of you.

Well, what profit is possible based on the competition out there.

Best deals as already stated are on units that have a manufacturer incentive to be moved quickly due to either a model change or dead stock blocking inbound stock. After a certain period dealers have to adopt (pay for) unsold stock.

The AMG A35 I got seems to have been in a bubble of original 2019 spec cars that dealers wanted rid of. As after those cars were sold prices jumped back up again.

If you do a hell of a lot of miles and want peace of mind that you arent gonna have to spend a fortune on services or repair work etc then leasing can be an attractive prospect.

does a standard lease include service, wear&tear (tyres, brakes etc) and repairs?

does a standard lease include service, wear&tear (tyres, brakes etc) and repairs?
You can usually add service and maintenance packages, but I doubt it’s included as standard - many people who lease look for the lowest monthly cost, so service and maintenance costs are usually on top.

You can usually add service and maintenance packages, but I doubt it’s included as standard - many people who lease look for the lowest monthly cost, so service and maintenance costs are usually on top.

Taken service and tyre packages in the past and didn't feel the benefit. If assuming dealer prices and high mileage then you will come out pretty even, however, as I now do little mileage (covid = working from home) and I use a mates high quality garage it's cheaper not too. Plus I can get stuff done within days rather than mercedes usual 4 week waiting list.

Agreed

I was querying the proposition that

“Entirely depends on your circumstances. If you do a hell of a lot of miles and want peace of mind that you arent gonna have to spend a fortune on services or repair work etc then leasing can be an attractive prospect.”

Whether
Taken service and tyre packages in the past and didn't feel the benefit. If assuming dealer prices and high mileage then you will come out pretty even, however, as I now do little mileage (covid = working from home) and I use a mates high quality garage it's cheaper not too. Plus I can get stuff done within days rather than mercedes usual 4 week waiting list.
Whether leasing or buying, mates rates must always work out cheaper! I’ve only ever leased one car, and I took out the service and tyre package - it was £12per month if I remember right, and I took it it out knowing that it would only be used at the end of the term (at best).

It was a 2 year and 20,000 mile lease, and the service interval was 2 year or 20,000 miles, and I bet the tyres would be due around the same time! I thought £12 per month was a fair compromise than paying for a service and full set of tyres as I handed it back!

Whether

Whether leasing or buying, mates rates must always work out cheaper! I’ve only ever leased one car, and I took out the service and tyre package - it was £12per month if I remember right, and I took it it out knowing that it would only be used at the end of the term (at best).

It was a 2 year and 20,000 mile lease, and the service interval was 2 year or 20,000 miles, and I bet the tyres would be due around the same time! I thought £12 per month was a fair compromise than paying for a service and full set of tyres as I handed it back!
I had it last time on the Golf GTD. Difference between car without and with full service and tyre coverage? £5.

Eh? I asked the lease company, he did the same and checked. The serviced car with tyre coverage has a higher residual, negating much of the cost. Deal done.

Agreed

I was querying the proposition that

“Entirely depends on your circumstances. If you do a hell of a lot of miles and want peace of mind that you arent gonna have to spend a fortune on services or repair work etc then leasing can be an attractive prospect.”
True, I was thinking on the bases that with a new car you aren't going to get stung as much, just from experience of having to shell out hundreds of pounds every couple of months on my old used car, but obviously thats the other extreme.

I believe new cars can be cheaper to service (years 1-3), deferring costs to make the new deal more attractive

One reason I will never buy a 3yr old VAG that has probably had only 1 oil change...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom