A35 AMG loss of compression

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is it wise to antagonise someone whose help you are seeking? The OP has contacted Mercedes, best wait and see what transpires.
I had a SLC300, less than 10,000 miles and only 4 years old, needed a new LED headlight at £1000 and radar unit for Blind Spot Assist at £600, they were not interested in any goodwill at all.
Good luck in getting a new engine out of them.

It's the same engine as the one we are doing now. Approx cost 2-4 to rebuild depending on where the compression is going (suspect thr head!)

I'm in Bo'ness, the car is in a garage in Livingston at the moment
It would be worth trying MB Grangemouth...Stuart in Service has always been very helpful when I had out-of-warranty problems.

Ernie

This is a not uncommon issue on this engine. MB were replacing heads initially but then worked out a repair kit consisting of cyclinder sleaves as I understand (but they won't supply this repair kit to non-dealers and also to get the kit a claim has to be submitted by MB dealers with associated tests required).

I'm in Bo'ness, the car is in a garage in Livingston at the moment
If you can give Mike a call at O’Neill Motors in Rosyth. He’s very very good. Tell him Jim McB asked you to call.
I’m in MAJOR dispute with western Mercedes and MBUK. Twitter was my comfort but via MB Germany!! Western displayed disgraceful behaviours and shocking level of support for a known manufacturer fault in my E53.
I will avoid them at every turn.
Writing the Keith Duncan their new MD was pointless.
Writing to Angela Shepherd CEO of MBUK was pointless.
So much for a prestigious marque.
Good luck.

It would be worth trying MB Grangemouth...Stuart in Service has always been very helpful when I had out-of-warranty problems.

Ernie
Seconded for Stuart and that Arnold Clark dealership. Far better than Western Mercedes at Newbridge.

If you can give Mike a call at O’Neill Motors in Rosyth. He’s very very good. Tell him Jim McB asked you to call.
I’m in MAJOR dispute with western Mercedes and MBUK. Twitter was my comfort but via MB Germany!! Western displayed disgraceful behaviours and shocking level of support for a known manufacturer fault in my E53.
I will avoid them at every turn.
Writing the Keith Duncan their new MD was pointless.
Writing to Angela Shepherd CEO of MBUK was pointless.
So much for a prestigious marque.
Good luck.
Thanks Jim, hopefully I'll hear back from MB today which will give me a decision to make.

A35 AMG written off after engine management came on due to lack of compression in one cylinder The car is only just out of warranty and has only 23500 miles. this should never have happened in a car like this, Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Hi I’m in the same position as you can you please give me and update on your? Please

Hi I’m in the same position as you can you please give me and update on your? Please
Hi Pepe, I've taken my eye off the ball a wee bit with this because I was getting nowhere but its interesting to hear that other people are having issues too. My son unearthed some other examples too. If I can find them i'll send them to you. I really need to get back on to them. Car still is'nt fixed. its currently in a garage in Port Glasgow hoping they can carry out a repair or engine replacement.

Hi Pepe, I've taken my eye off the ball a wee bit with this because I was getting nowhere but its interesting to hear that other people are having issues too. My son unearthed some other examples too. If I can find them i'll send them to you. I really need to get back on to them. Car still is'nt fixed. its currently in a garage in Port Glasgow hoping they can carry out a repair or engine replacement.
Thanks for your response.
I will be glad I you will send that to me and good luck 🤞

Hi Pepe, did you have any luck with the link i sent you. I'm just about to start contacting Mercedes again to see if i can get any further.
Hi, my situation was more complicated just because the car have no insurance from Mercedes so I give up with them and I leave the car in the garage near to my house. I supposed to get my car back this week so if you want, I can give you some update when I get my car back

Hi, my situation was more complicated just because the car have no insurance from Mercedes so I give up with them and I leave the car in the garage near to my house. I supposed to get my car back this week so if you want, I can give you some update when I get my car back
Then I can give you more details about how much that cost me and how long does it take to them to fix

That would be great pepe, let me know how you get on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom