A35 AMG RATTLE!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobbya35

Car
a35 AMG
Hi All,

Just got a A35 AMG (only 700 miles on it so far) Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with a rattling dash... Seems to come about at around 30-60 on ruff rounds.

Sounds like its coming from the dashboard main speaker (but who knows)

Anyone else had an issue with this?

Thanks

Main dealer should your first port of call, not unofficial forum.

Yup taking in back to dealers.

Sorry if is the wrong place to post was just wondering if this had been a issue with anyone else.

Welcome to the forum.
Can't help you with the rattle but you must take it back to the dealer. :)

Hi All,

Just got a A35 AMG (only 700 miles on it so far) Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with a rattling dash... Seems to come about at around 30-60 on ruff rounds.

Sounds like its coming from the dashboard main speaker (but who knows)

Anyone else had an issue with this?

Thanks

Passenger Glove Box Latch has been know to rattle in the A Class Normal/Non AMG Models, try that!

And Welcome!

sometimes any little bits in the door bin compartments can rattle. worth checking that too. I once had my sunglasses in my gla 45 (not a real AMG ) rattling away in the sun glasses compartment for ages without me figuring out where the rattle was coming from ...

sometimes any little bits in the door bin compartments can rattle. worth checking that too. I once had my sunglasses in my gla 45 (not a real AMG ) rattling away in the sun glasses compartment for ages without me figuring out where the rattle was coming from ...

Thanks buddy, The cars brand new with no loose objects placed anywhere, It seems to be the speaker from what I can tell :/ but its driving me mad. I didn't mean any disrespect in terms of 'A real AMG' just had lots of comments from mates :)

Just so you don't feel on your own, mine rattles around the drivers side vent. The screen also used to rattle but I wedged some squares of rubber behind it and cured it. I know I should take it to the dealer but I can't face the whole palava so it can wait until it needs a service.

Just so you don't feel on your own, mine rattles around the drivers side vent. The screen also used to rattle but I wedged some squares of rubber behind it and cured it. I know I should take it to the dealer but I can't face the whole palava so it can wait until it needs a service.

Thanks Gugne,

Yes I cant find the exact location but it does sound like the drivers side vent, door speaker or the actual door its self. I have it booked in next friday so will update you if the find the culprit. Its a shame as everything else is great but this rattle is driving me mad!

Hi All,

Just an update around this issue. MB took the car in and kept it for 5 days (Got given a c43 which was fun!) explaining the issue was clamps behind the dash not correctly attached. All is good now and have finally got to around 1100 miles so will start giving it some more boot.

Thanks

My first post, shame it's a little bit negative. My A35 is 6 weeks old. After 2 days the switch panel in the roof fell down when closing the door. MB fixed this on the spot with a little bodge. Within the next few days the dashboard started rattling badly on the driver's side with the driver's seatbelt mounting joining in to make a symphony of rattles and buzzes! MB took the car in (after waiting 2 weeks) and fixed the problem which was an insecure air duct. The seat belt was fixed with a bit of tape and they also found the HUD was part of the orchestra. Chuffed to bits off I go but within a few days the dashboard noise is back on full volume along with two more rattles, one from passenger side and also somewhere in the middle. To add to my disappointment the engine started whistling like a steam kettle. Again had to wait 2 weeks for an appointment with a courtesy car. So, after 2 days my A35 is still at MB and my courtesy car is a large E220 diesel estate (painful!!). I'm hoping I haven't made a big mistake. Previous 2 cars were Ford Focus RS Mk3 and the Golf R that I px'd for the A35. Looking forward to getting it back soon so I can start enjoying the experience. When I get the car back I'll post what the outcome was.

My first post, shame it's a little bit negative. My A35 is 6 weeks old. After 2 days the switch panel in the roof fell down when closing the door. MB fixed this on the spot with a little bodge. Within the next few days the dashboard started rattling badly on the driver's side with the driver's seatbelt mounting joining in to make a symphony of rattles and buzzes! MB took the car in (after waiting 2 weeks) and fixed the problem which was an insecure air duct. The seat belt was fixed with a bit of tape and they also found the HUD was part of the orchestra. Chuffed to bits off I go but within a few days the dashboard noise is back on full volume along with two more rattles, one from passenger side and also somewhere in the middle. To add to my disappointment the engine started whistling like a steam kettle. Again had to wait 2 weeks for an appointment with a courtesy car. So, after 2 days my A35 is still at MB and my courtesy car is a large E220 diesel estate (painful!!). I'm hoping I haven't made a big mistake. Previous 2 cars were Ford Focus RS Mk3 and the Golf R that I px'd for the A35. Looking forward to getting it back soon so I can start enjoying the experience. When I get the car back I'll post what the outcome was.

AMG aren't used to making little engines... :)

My door seals have now started creaking when manoeuvring slowly over uneven ground. I've tried the Audi solution of using Gummi Pfledge on the seals but it's done bugger all. Anybody else have this and cure it?

Oh why didn't I buy a Golf?

I can sympathise with you as I have got an E53 coupe that is only a few months old that has developed a few rattles as well. It has been back to the dealer and they managed to improve it for a few days but the rattles are back again now.

This is the second Mercedes I have had with these issues. I previously had an SL500 which I sold in the end as the creaks and rattles got so bad.

The E53 is a fantastic car but the rattles are getting annoying and it spoils the enjoyment of the car.

I think it is a common fault with Mercedes. I have also had a BMW 640 which was still rattle free after nearly 4 years.

And...... the rattles back (Well im not even sure that did anything to try and fix it to be honest) :/ If mercedes dont manage to fix the issue I think I might look at getting a different car. For the amount of money this is should not be an issue.

My door seals have now started creaking when manoeuvring slowly over uneven ground. I've tried the Audi solution of using Gummi Pfledge on the seals but it's done bugger all. Anybody else have this and cure it?

Funny I said “why did I sell the C63” a few weeks after I bought an R, every day is a school day ;)

I've discovered that it's not the doors creaking in against the body but in fact the windows creaking in the frames. I can make them creak just by pushing against the bottom of the window. Anybody else have this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom