A35 Exhaust really quiet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vk10

Car
A35 Premium plus
Hi, just picked up my new a35 today and I’ve noticed that even in sport plus mode the exhaust is really quiet, no pops or bangs. The car only has about 70 miles on it. Do I need to wait a couple of 100 miles to hear anything or is this car just generally quiet ?
Thanks !

Hi, just picked up my new a35 today and I’ve noticed that even in sport plus mode the exhaust is really quiet, no pops or bangs. The car only has about 70 miles on it. Do I need to wait a couple of 100 miles to hear anything or is this car just generally quiet ?
Thanks !
Just quiet. It's only on the full fat AMG versions that you get the (artificial) pops and bangs iirc.

It has been noted on various forums that recent versions of previously 'sporty' sounding cars are generally now much quieter; apparently the mandatory fitting of GPF's in the exhaust system calm things down a bit.

My son had his A35 from new (November 2020), he did run it in as per the instructions and it does pop and bang when in sports plus mode. I would say be patient and run it in properly (he was doing about 70 miles a night just to get it over and done with)

All cars are now dead quiet, due to the new filters required by law.

Mine pops and bangs and makes decent noise in Sport+. It’s done 20k miles though.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Tbh that sounds like a fiesta 🤣
Its never been an AMG growl

Tbh that sounds like a fiesta 🤣
Its never been an AMG growl
I’m guessing you’ve never had a fiesta. Unless someone has done the washer mod they don’t sound anything like that.
Also guessing you’re snooty about 4 cylinder cars being AMGs. Wait until the new c63 is out you’ll love that then.

The only fiesta I've had was the RS 1800 and imo an AMG shouldn't be a 4 cylinder but times have changed ,I personally dont like pops and bangs either or fake noise, the A35 will always be quite that's why i will never own one🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom