A35 issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V8andTurbos

Car
MK5 Golf GTI + C63 AMG
So my a35 is on 12k and has a few issues,

brake squeal in town driving.
air con blows warm air.
wheel centre caps corroding.

booked in at Mercedes next week, they’ve refused to give me a courtesy as my car wasn’t purchased from them. Also said if the issues aren’t covered by warranty then I’ll need to pay a £99 fee..

is it likely the above will be covered by warranty and how common are these issues?

cheers

To add. I’ve done hard braking from high speeds but the brake squeal comes back after a day or 2

air con blows warm air.

booked in at Mercedes next week, they’ve refused to give me a courtesy as my car wasn’t purchased from them. Also said if the issues aren’t covered by warranty then I’ll need to pay a £99 fee..

is it likely the above will be covered by warranty and how common are these issues?

cheers
So - brake squeal, 'they all do it sir' :) My C63 squeals all the time on light braking, its a 'feature', which from reading other threads on it, can be sorted with a change of discs/pads but it depends if it bothers you that much (i've gotten used to it). I doubt they'll entertain a warranty claim....

The A/C blowing warm air could be a number of things, could just need a re-gas (most likely option given the low mileage of the car), although I wouldn't rule out a holed condenser, which is also possible. Again, unlikely they'll cover either on warranty as refrigerant is classed as a consumable and the condenser is somewhat of a 'sacrificial' component in that its exposed to danger all the time. That being said, if you've only just bought the car and they said everything was working, you might have some leverage?

Wheel centre caps, they might accept a claim for those given they are the cheapest part(s) you are going to complain about........

So - brake squeal, 'they all do it sir' :) My C63 squeals all the time on light braking, its a 'feature', which from reading other threads on it, can be sorted with a change of discs/pads but it depends if it bothers you that much (i've gotten used to it). I doubt they'll entertain a warranty claim....

The A/C blowing warm air could be a number of things, could just need a re-gas (most likely option given the low mileage of the car), although I wouldn't rule out a holed condenser, which is also possible. Again, unlikely they'll cover either on warranty as refrigerant is classed as a consumable and the condenser is somewhat of a 'sacrificial' component in that its exposed to danger all the time. That being said, if you've only just bought the car and they said everything was working, you might have some leverage?

Wheel centre caps, they might accept a claim for those given they are the cheapest part(s) you are going to complain about........
^ This saved me a good deal of typing, and is exactly how I would expect things to proceed.

One thing that may be in your favour regarding the air-con is that there is a common fault with the cabin temperature sensor on the W177 cars that may be tricking the HVAC system to think the temperature is lower than you’ve set, and therefore no cooling is requested.

If they have refused you a courtesy car, although it was not bought from them you may be using them in the future (bit shortsighted from them), they will probably saying its not warranty. Personally I would have been looking for another dealer.

MB have recently started to charge for a courtesy car even if you bought from them or have a service plan with them

Typical Mercedes customer service tbh. It’s what put me off the brand many years ago and then I switched to Porsche with no issues.. on a plus side, the ac seems to be working again, maybe I didn’t use it properly a few days ago ( if that’s possible ), the centre caps I’ll replace myself and the brake squeal I’ll live with for the time being - as someone mentioned they prob won’t entrain it under warranty.. seems all they want from u is money and aren’t interested in repeat custom. I’d have paid for a courtesy car for all it would have cost.. this poor customer service really puts me off the brand

air con blows warm air.

cheers
Hi there, if you only have these issues with your car, you re lucky to have a good one, I have a 69 plate A35 premium with the night package, aero package and in the 21 months I’ve had it the car has been into my Mercedes dealer for at least 5 months and they cannot fix the issues with my car, I told my dealer that the rattles the car has you would think the car was 2 cars welded together and the weld’s have failed, it’s so bad that the car should be scrapped, the only way I can drive my car is with the windows open even at this time of year, an example of the build quality of my car is it makes British leyland look like Bentley, I’m looking to get rid of this pile of shite and buy a proper car.

My car’s not bad tbh. Brake squeal goes after some hard braking. Centre caps don’t bother me too much. Good clean may sort them. Ac works fine now. Worst thing is the hard ride (19’s) and the clunky gearbox when cold. Otherwise I like the car. Oh, the lazy throttle when pulling Away is an issue too

Squealing brakes can be caused by several things, but if the discs and pads are relatively new then perhaps they were fitted without enough lubcricant/paste (or copper grease).

How long have you had the car?

I've just read that the A35 is getting dropped as an AMG option

Squealing brakes can be caused by several things, but if the discs and pads are relatively new then perhaps they were fitted without enough lubcricant/paste (or copper grease).

How long have you had the car?
That's what I was gonna say. Id take the pads out, give it a clean up and refit correctly using some copper slip

Hi there, if you only have these issues with your car, you re lucky to have a good one, I have a 69 plate A35 premium with the night package, aero package and in the 21 months I’ve had it the car has been into my Mercedes dealer for at least 5 months and they cannot fix the issues with my car, I told my dealer that the rattles the car has you would think the car was 2 cars welded together and the weld’s have failed, it’s so bad that the car should be scrapped, the only way I can drive my car is with the windows open even at this time of year, an example of the build quality of my car is it makes British leyland look like Bentley, I’m looking to get rid of this pile of shite and buy a proper car.
Peace at last, finally got rid of my pile of shite A35 and bought a real car, I now own an Alfa Romeo giulia and compared to the Mercedes the Alfa is impeccable, just as quick and with no rattles or squeaks, I’m looking forward to a bright future.

Peace at last, finally got rid of my pile of shite A35 and bought a real car, I now own an Alfa Romeo giulia and compared to the Mercedes the Alfa is impeccable, just as quick and with no rattles or squeaks, I’m looking forward to a bright future.
An Alfa - 'impeccable'? Can I ask what medication you're on?

Good luck with it anyway, particularly on the day you take it for its first service....My old boss had a 12 month old Giulia Quadrifoglio, spent more than 6 weeks at the dealer in that time, never once coming back without a new problem due to build quality and dealer incompetence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom