A35

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I prefer the original A35:

Black_Austin_A35.jpg

After his retirement from F1, the late James Hunt drove an A35 van as his daily runabout as he reckoned the handling was so much fun and he couldn't find better entertainment for the money.

When I saw the title I was reminded of my first car - an A30 called Sam when she behaved but quite often Samantha (in a stern tone of voice). This was about 1971-73, but I still have so many memories of that car and the trips I did in her.

Is that you thinking about coming back to us Andy?
You'll get some use out of that AMG Solarbeam cap if you do.

Is that you thinking about coming back to us Andy?
You'll get some use out of that AMG Solarbeam cap if you do.

Never say Never, I told you I was hanging on to my cap as it may be required one day :D looking forward to seeing what the next generation A35/45 looks like.

Insurance might deter da yoof / the 'young' though

Agreed it's an important model though

PS I thought this might be about the Dorset coast road......

Undermines the brand a bit in my opinion, I do get what you guys say about it being an important model for them to get folks into an entry level even more entry level AMG...I’m just not getting it
I do get the hybrid AMG thing- after all that follows F1, but this is a step too far for me, sure it will be a success of sorts though

Anyone see the point in this car?

Easy:

“To offer an entry level AMG model to those who cannot justify the need for the fully blown, overly powerful and very different beast that is the A... forty... five...”.

In other words having just a Mercedes model with the same engine and trim is not enough these days. They had to create a new car brand and to offer all same models as Mercedes do but with the AMG badge on the left.

The irony is they are all made at the same factory line, same bog standard engine and all but the impression is given as though it’s a completely different car and totally new “experience”.

If it sells them cars, fair play. If it was down to me I’d keep it simple with models matching the engines but what do I know.

Don’t pull next to me in one grinning like an idiot cause I’ll smoke you with my cat-free V8, you bloody environmentalists.

Good find , wonder if that will be a new colour for the launch edition models :)

It’s supposed to be available across the A Class range, followed by denim blue, Patagonia red and Mojave silver, all being rolled out in the spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Undermines the brand a bit in my opinion, I do get what you guys say about it being an important model for them to get folks into an entry level even more entry level AMG...I’m just not getting it
I do get the hybrid AMG thing- after all that follows F1, but this is a step too far for me, sure it will be a success of sorts though

It’s a massively important model for AMG, which was a big issue in the previous generation. Speaking from experience, we lose a huge amount of custom to the S3/Golf R where the A45 was just too expensive or quicker and more hardcore than that person wanted.

The A45 and A45S are set to get even more powerful, I hear up to 426hp, leaving an even wider gap between that and the A250. I think this will be a real sweet spot in the range, so much so that I’m considering purchasing one [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Peanut pig and it's larger brother, the Austin Walnut.
I prefer the original A35:

Black_Austin_A35.jpg

After his retirement from F1, the late James Hunt drove an A35 van as his daily runabout as he reckoned the handling was so much fun and he couldn't find better entertainment for the money.

Will any part of the A35 actually be built by an AMG technician? Wont this car basically be an A class but with more expensive parts and service because its called an AMG.

Wont this car basically be an A class but with more expensive parts and service because its called an AMG.

This. No millennial boy racer will ever buy a Mercedes-Benz - it's got an old man image attached to it from decades ago.

Enter A-M-G. It sounds good and looks fast. Nobody cares that it's just a mass produced Mercedes underneath. The name is the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom