A35

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
2l turbo cars with four tailpipes come across as trying too hard to stand out. It's completely unnecessary to have that many outlets for the engine size/power. BMW got it right with two sizeable single exits on cars like the 40i engines.

I’d agree with you on most cars , early generation Golf Rs had two meaty central tail pipes and looked great, the Mk 7/7.5 has 4 oval tips and looks like it’s trying too hard to be a w204 C63. The A35 doesn’t look right to me as they have fitted single pipes in holes designed for double ones and put plastic around it.

Yep should be banned on those tiny 4l twin turbo thingys, two’s zorsts is plenty :D
Apparently so Andy.
BMW got it right with two sizeable single exits on cars like the 40i engines.

What about the lowly 5.5, does that qualify for quads?

My point was that just because you don't have 6.2 litres it doesn't mean that you shouldn't have quad exhausts. In some cases you might not need it, but I'm pretty sure most of it is aesthetics.

I've got no doubt that the 6.2 N/A M156 is a great engine, but its not the be-all-end-all.

progression
/prəˈɡrɛʃ(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    the process of developing or moving gradually towards a more advanced state.
Although some people are stuck in the past.;)

You've taken a comment and blown it out of proportion, I didn't say anything about the M156, or other cars with quads bigger than 2l...

The Golf doesn't even have a proper shaped diffuser around the pipes and it just looks aftermarket due to the poor fitment.

The C63 doesn't need quads either but it also doesn't look out of place. On the 204 all exits are functional 100% of the time. Many of the more modern cars 2 of the pipes are closed until valves open so it sits there in the morning puffing away as a double exit.

I've ordered an A35. I can't find any mention of servicing schedules or approximate cost for approx 40k miles and 3 years. Has anyone any rough ideas?

Service Care Plans | Lookers Mercedes-Benz expect a service care plan to result in an annual service cost of approx £350 per service , taking the c43 care plan as an example

a guy on my road works for merc and has interesting cars parked outside. he recently had an a35 with aero wing and it looked great! congrats on your new vehicle. When do you expect to collect it?

In terms of a PCP, or lease over 3 years and 40k miles, you can get an undiscounted cost straight from the merc configurator i believe.

Service Care Plans | Lookers Mercedes-Benz expect a service care plan to result in an annual service cost of approx £350 per service , taking the c43 care plan as an example

a guy on my road works for merc and has interesting cars parked outside. he recently had an a35 with aero wing and it looked great! congrats on your new vehicle. When do you expect to collect it?

In terms of a PCP, or lease over 3 years and 40k miles, you can get an undiscounted cost straight from the merc configurator i believe.

Thanks. That link answers most of my questions.
I think it's coming in March but nothing is sure except death and taxes.
As for the configurator, on a business lease it wants me to pay a third more than what's on offer.
I don't think Merc will discount it by a third.

Thanks. That link answers most of my questions.
I think it's coming in March but nothing is sure except death and taxes.
As for the configurator, on a business lease it wants me to pay a third more than what's on offer.
I don't think Merc will discount it by a third.

it may help to understand your situation, I assume you're doing a pcp or as they refer to it, an agility agreement ?

it may help to understand your situation, I assume you're doing a pcp or as they refer to it, an agility agreement ?
Business lease. 3 years 45k miles. MB aren't anywhere near the price even though they make the damn cars.

Thanks, when you say per the configurator it shows a payment amount of "...a third more than what is on offer". Do you already have a signed lease agreement as part of the vehicle order? And is this what you are comparing to the configurator cost? note, dealers may give you additional discounts and deposit amounts etc may differ

Thanks, when you say per the configurator it shows a payment amount of "...a third more than what is on offer". Do you already have a signed lease agreement as part of the vehicle order? And is this what you are comparing to the configurator cost? note, dealers may give you additional discounts and deposit amounts etc may differ
Yes I have an agreement and it's over £6000 cheaper than MB over the term. Just to satisfy my curiosity I've emailed my local dealer and asked them to bid. I'll keep you posted.

Yes I have an agreement and it's over £6000 cheaper than MB over the term. Just to satisfy my curiosity I've emailed my local dealer and asked them to bid. I'll keep you posted.

looks like that should give you some comfort you have achieved a deal that's better than their standard website deal. That's generally what i would expect. WHen i built my current car, the configurator quoted around 18% more than a dealer gave me.

Can't wait to test drive the A35. Will be interesting to compare to my A45.

Can't wait to test drive the A35. Will be interesting to compare to my A45.

Me too, currently running a 310 bhp Golf R so it should be a true comparison when it comes to power output. Will be interesting to see if you notice the drop in power from your A45 :)

Me too, currently running a 310 bhp Golf R so it should be a true comparison when it comes to power output. Will be interesting to see if you notice the drop in power from your A45 :)

Currently running a Golf R also, although it’s APR stage 1 it will still be interesting to compare the two cars when my A35 gets delivered in March!

Currently running a Golf R also, although it’s APR stage 1 it will still be interesting to compare the two cars when my A35 gets delivered in March!

Will be an interesting comparison, would have thought power wise you would have been closer to the current A45 , what bhp are you getting with the APR stage 1, 360 or thereabouts?

Will be an interesting comparison, would have thought power wise you would have been closer to the current A45 , what bhp are you getting with the APR stage 1, 360 or thereabouts?

Yeah, 372bhp and 405lbft, A35 will probably feel rather tame in comparison. Looking forward to tuning options being released for the A35!

Yeah, 372bhp and 405lbft, A35 will probably feel rather tame in comparison. Looking forward to tuning options being released for the A35!

Good numbers for Stage 1 :) I had the opportunity to have a ride in a Mk7 R which had been taken to Stage 3 and dynoed at 600bhp , the best way to describe it was “brutal” :D Looking forward to hearing how you get on with the A35. The Merc interior IMHO is way better than the R, feels much more upmarket. :)

Good numbers for Stage 1 :) I had the opportunity to have a ride in a Mk7 R which had been taken to Stage 3 and dynoed at 600bhp , the best way to describe it was “brutal” :D Looking forward to hearing how you get on with the A35. The Merc interior IMHO is way better than the R, feels much more upmarket. :)

I bet, my stage 1 car feels fast enough it’s amazing how well they respond to tuning, it’s a great engine.
I was stuck between another Golf R or the A35, and it’s the interior that swayed it to be honest.

Also looking to go from our (un-modded) Golf R ... I wonder when the dealers will start getting their demonstrators?

Also looking to go from our (un-modded) Golf R ... I wonder when the dealers will start getting their demonstrators?

Called in MB York today and spoke to salesman about the A35, he said their demonstrators should be arriving in March and already had 3 people wanting a demo , 4 with myself. Sat in an AMG line car and it felt pretty nice so hope the A35/45 will be even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom