A45 AMG Press Release

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Heres the Aero package, rear wing is awful imo

dro1Ngmi.jpg

But I think the standard A45 its an awesome looking thing, would love to see it the the Blue that they do.

LOL is that actually a real option?

Yeah... all part of MB's big push for 30-40's...

Well I'm in that bracket and they can bog off with their chav Halfords bodykit...

Make a Black series version with 400bhp weighing 1200kg and I might consider it :)

Yeah its all over their site

A 45 AMG

I love AMG stuff, but they do seem to get carried away when they do optional body kits etc, they all start to look too much. The C63 is one of my favourite cars ever, but the Black with the silly paint and big wing just looks like its trying to hard, and very un Merc like imo. And im only 21, and still find it too much lol

Tom Newton said:
Yeah its all over their site

A 45 AMG

I love AMG stuff, but they do seem to get carried away when they do optional body kits etc, they all start to look too much. The C63 is one of my favourite cars ever, but the Black with the silly paint and big wing just looks like its trying to hard, and very un Merc like imo. And im only 21, and still find it too much lol

The aero pack was a option on the c63 bs,i bought mine without as i agree it looks horrid.

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

I love this little beast so much. Gonna go to the local dealer on friday hopefully and see what the score is. I actually quite like the aero pack tbh.

The areo wing is the last word in helmetry.

The idea is a nice one. A downsized performance car for the times. I like the direction MB are going down, but feel the execution is wrong, it should have a rear biased 4wd system, or be RWD to maintain that mercedes feeling. The engine, a supercharged M276 would have been more characterful and justifable at the cars price.

BMWs 135i does it a whole lot better IMHO.

PS as for the MPG claims. Drive that car, in the manner AMG want you too (hard) and the MPG will be awful. Making 330bhp approx is no mean feat and it requires a fair bit of fuel to do that. It will drink.

I can see it now, new members will "get" one, and then complain like mad their 330bhp performance car doesn't do 37mpg unless they nurse it along the road, but does 22-25mpg which is what I expect this car to do.

Last edited:
How do you know the BMW does it a whole lot better? Have you driven both? The BMW 1 series is so ugly it's untrue. The small a class is much better suited to a tc 4 pot than another supercharged v. It's AMG doing it different and moving with the times.
It's about time we had a powerful tc 4 pot engine.

How do you know the BMW does it a whole lot better? Have you driven both? The BMW 1 series is so ugly it's untrue. The small a class is much better suited to a tc 4 pot than another supercharged v. It's AMG doing it different and moving with the times.

Dont worry, this forum has an odd phenomenon where as most of the regulars hate any new MB (until they see them in the flesh) and everyone goes on about how Mercedes have lost their way since the W124 (yet own a car within 10 years old), who also endlessly say that BMW/Audi make better cars (yet own a Merc).

You'll get used to it in time :D :D :D

Mercedes does Hot Hatch. I'll bet it will be a cracking little car - it has to be when delving into a market already containing some seriously good cars developed over many years....

I'll be willing to bet it will be a cracker to drive!!!

WG M-B said:
It's AMG doing it different and moving with the times.

They're behind the times really and only just entering the hot hatch segment.

It's very similar to the Audi S3 albeit with more power:

- 2 litre turbo
- 300 bhp
- Haldex 4WD

I hope it's good, I really do I just think its BMW that do things differently. But I agree the 1series is fugly. Had it been a looker it would have been the perfect hatch.

Interesting that the BMW engine is more economical looking at manufacturer figures.

It's going to get really exciting when the new RS3 and new 1M appear.... Lots of mega hatches :)

The more I look at it the more I like it, that rear wing on the aero pack is as if the designers have been playing a little too much Need For Speed: Underground. Slightly more flared than normal wing in carbon fibre would probably be on the money.

Think they're on to a winner though, will most definitely be on to my dealer to let me loose in one for a day to see what it is like once released.

There are some pretty impressive stats on this, bet there'll be a race series for them...

they are wrong .. check AMG's own press release

I'm not sure who's wrong - the picture of the engine definitely appears to have the plaque showing the engine builders signature. Surely only Affalterbach has the facility for one person to build the engine? :dk:

I don't think the new A class is much of a looker, seen those silly tail lights.

BMW have fitted a 6 clydiner turbo engine to their car, MB could have done the same, or developed a bespoke 5. At that price point I feel its a lot of money for a 4 clyidner small hatch, despite the performance.

Each to their own ..... we chose the A Class over the 1 series for several reasons including the badge and, to us, the poor looks.
Neither is a "bad" car and if we all chose the same the world would be a duller place !
Something tells me motor manufacturers do just a little market research before embarking on a new car and they might just know more than us ?

It's not just market research though.

BMW are masters of 6 cylinder engines and the current 135i engine is derived originally from the N54 and N55 which is used extensively throughout their range of cars.

We've clearly all got our own thoughts on what engine should have been in the A45... as Mercedes don't have a decent 6 cylinder to chuck in it they developed the 2.0 which I am pretty sure is a development of the existing 2.0 used in the A Class.

All the A45 engines are hand built which is impressive.

I don't think that there is perfect hot / mega hatch out there, all them seem to have negatives and all major positives. For me there isn't one that ticks all the boxes and I am a huge hot hatch fan.

I'm not sure who's wrong - the picture of the engine definitely appears to have the plaque showing the engine builders signature. Surely only Affalterbach has the facility for one person to build the engine? :dk:

read post 30 for an extract from AMG's press release ...

Tis true .... the press release refers to "one man one engine" built in Kolleda.

IMHO 2L,4 pot engine is the right way from MB to go.Its powerful enough-360hp,and has low CO2 figures-161g/km.It has to be introduced in the C and E classes too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom