a45 litchfield stage 1 vs c63amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
haha so what were saying is, the a45 is very short lived?

I think with mileage will come some very, very large bills due to wear and tear. A 2.0 litre lump producing that power will inevitably go PPP at some point.

I think with mileage will come some very, very large bills due to wear and tear. A 2.0 litre lump producing that power will inevitably go PPP at some point.

That's why i'm worried about the Golf R400, I think it's gonna have a life expectancy of around 6 months :fail

Unless they use the 2.5 5 Pot Quattro ofcourse.

That's why i'm worried about the Golf R400, I think it's gonna have a life expectancy of around 6 months :fail

That 5 pot is a sensational lump!

I've just sold my golf ed 30 with 103k on it. 2.0 turbo as you know. It was running 380bhp from 1200 miles onwards with no issue at all. This car gave zero engine trouble. If VW can make them like this I'm sure MB can.

I do like the A45 AMG, it's a cool little car and undoubtedly fast!

The but is that it's effectively a hot hatch, same as an RS Focus, RS Megane, Golf R etc. Admittedly it's an epic hot hatch but that's what it is.

It may have an AMG badge but it's not that AMG experience I get from my CLS63 even if it is as quick. a V8 will always be cooler than a 2.0 four cylinder, whether it makes massive power figures or not.

Not wanting to slag off tha A45AMG (because I quite like the look of them) but according to the motoring mags, there's no "handling repertoire"...

What this means is, the level of grip, although very high, is irrelevant. At the limit, you get understeer or more understeer.

A quick blast round the block from the dealer is all very impressive, but live with an understeerer for a couple of months and it will really get you down. This suposed to be a sporty car after all.

One thing you can do with a poweerrful RWD car (as all performance cars should be) is negate the understeer with oversteer and start havng fun!

It's the fun that's missing in pretty well ALL hot-hatches...

You would have to be on a track to provoke the level of under steer you are taking about. I've owned both a C63 and an A45. In real world driving the A45 handles better and has much better levels of grip. Just try pulling out of a damp T junction, the A45 just goes whereas a C63 is all over the place unless you are very careful with the throttle. Benefit of the 4wd system. Yes it's a hatch but it's a very good one.

a V8 will always be cooler than a 2.0 four cylinder, whether it makes massive power figures or not.

We are all different, for me I can't stand V8's and much prefer a 4, 5 or straight 6 pot anyday..

You would have to be on a track to provoke the level of under steer you are taking about.

Not necessarily..:D

AMG is fine car - no doubt, but world belongs to diesels now...

My personal car, BMW 535d, old crap + tuikku stage 2 heh heh :D

ojp6xh.jpg

... And if necessary, I´ll take more, but now this seems to be enough to old man ...

480bhp off a 35d?

Sent from my iPhone

No, your horses are stronger, here is only "regular" ones.
But that is not the best result, my very very tiny ego insists to rise it over 500 ... ;)

What mods have been done to achieve those figures as they seem a bit extreme for that engine.

Sent from my iPhone

What mods have been done to achieve those figures as they seem a bit extreme for that engine.

Sent from my iPhone

Google-ing will show you he's an STD Maestro!
Imagine; an old C250td engine with
650 bhp. :confused::eek: :bannana:

What mods have been done to achieve those figures as they seem a bit extreme for that engine...

Well ... you won´t believe this, but here they are :

Better cooler from Wagner tuning.
Modded bigger turbo (K26) from Pro Turbo Fin.
Air intake made by myself.
Dpf delete made by me.
My softw.
No other mods, that influences to power.

Quite a list, or ? :rolleyes:

Google-ing will show you he's an STD Maestro!
Imagine; an old C250td engine with
650 bhp. :confused::eek: :bannana:

No
Not me, I am working mainly with MB/BMW cdi engines.
Old pre-camber engines with big power do not last, they smelt, too much heating stress.
Cdi´s have a lot of better using properites, lots of power/torq and they still works like stock.

Hi,

Just a quick one, my friend has purchased a 64 plate a45 with the stage 1 Litchfield remap.

all I have to say is wow, certainly holds its own against my c63 which I was very shocked with!

anyone experienced anything similar?!? I almost want to get rid of the c63 for the Litchfield a45!!!

thoughts?

Does your friend actually have the Litchfield remap or their tuning box?

I have Litchfields Stage 2 conversion on my A45 (custom remap, decat DP and induction kit), and I can concur it's pretty ballistic for the state of tune.

My car (as far as we still know) is the quickest tuned A45 down the 1/4m in the UK. Recorded 11.80s @ circa 116mph last October down Shakespeare Raceway drag strip.

The car is currently at circa 450/440.

I've had the tuning box prior to going Stage 2, and the remap is so much better (read more power & quicker) than the tuning box.

Down a tight B road not much is going to keep up with it imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom