A45 service costs please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C60three

Car
V60
Hi. I don't have a service plan and the A45 is due it's first service at 1 year old. With previous cars I have been able to use price info' gleaned from forums to get my local main dealer to price match.
So please can you tell me how much did you pay?
Many thanks in advance

I need to stay in main dealer network as PCP deal dictates.
I have supplied my own oil and the dealership were happy to use, it so that might be an option

I've just paid £445 for my first service.

Fancy that - pricing perfectly pitched so that you might as well take ServiceCare. Hmm...

I know there's a rip-off AMG uplift on the prices, but that still seems a lot for a first service. Do they do more than the usual oil & filter change, plus a few checks?

Rory said:
Fancy that - pricing perfectly pitched so that you might as well take ServiceCare. Hmm... I know there's a rip-off AMG uplift on the prices, but that still seems a lot for a first service. Do they do more than the usual oil & filter change, plus a few checks?

Includes a rear diff oil change too. The price I gave included £20 for a courtesy car (not really courtesy when you pay for it), but I got £20 off for booking online I think. Think the service plan was £36 per month for the A45, so no real financial benefit other than spreading the cost. I assume it would also be money lost if you decide to sell the car before a service is due?

Try an Audi. Missus has a Q7 and her first service was last week. Literally oil, filter and inspection. Quoted £471.50 plus £15 for courtesy car at Poole Audi. Sod that I said.

Phoned up Southampton Audi and agreed to supply oil and filter. She paid £137 plus £75 for 10l of millers long life and £12 for a genuine Audi filter. No charge for the car and she got back 2l of her oil for top ups. That's less than 1/2 price!!

Think the service plan was £36 per month for the A45, so no real financial benefit other than spreading the cost. I assume it would also be money lost if you decide to sell the car before a service is due?

I hate ServiceCare as it's so expensive compared to other manufacturers service plans, and I think it's obvious MB has leaned on dealers to charge "rack rates" to make ServiceCare look attractive. However I suppose the plan does stop the agonising over price, and shopping around, that some people go through at every service.

I know the plan is transferable if you sell so there is some value in it. I'm sure they use dto refund unused value but there's no mention of it in the limited information online.

You get your money back if you sell the car relative to what you've paid and the service used or not as the case may be.

I seriously can't believe Mercedes are trying to charge for Courtesy cars - I had been an Audi owner for the last 3 cars and would never dream of paying for courtesy car!

Will definitely be shopping around the dealers when it comes to servicing the beast

Each dealer sets their own prices but MyService usually adds up to £50 for courtesy car or collect and deliver.

I've never paid though, even last month when they used MyService for the pricing (reduced due to the age of my car) it added £30 but as soon as I mentioned it's usually free they waived the charge. It puts the onus on you to ask though - not everyone is comfortable bargaining with the dealers.

ecain63 said:
Try an Audi. Missus has a Q7 and her first service was last week. Literally oil, filter and inspection. Quoted £471.50 plus £15 for courtesy car at Poole Audi. Sod that I said. Phoned up Southampton Audi and agreed to supply oil and filter. She paid £137 plus £75 for 10l of millers long life and £12 for a genuine Audi filter. No charge for the car and she got back 2l of her oil for top ups. That's less than 1/2 price!!

I hate Audis. For no good reason I must add.

Many thanks for everyone's input. Charging for a 'courtesy' car is a new one to me!
Think £400 is more expensive than the 1st service on my previous c63 would have been (didn't have a rear dif'). I managed to negotiate a free service with that car....... Best give them a call and see if I can source some cheap oil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom