[A45] Thoughts on a touch of tint on rear lights...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fryguy

Car
A45 AMG
Hi all, first post cherry popping right here, had to seek some opinions

I can't wrap my head around the back lights on the A class looking a tad bit chunky. Was considering a little bit of tint spray to tone it down, though I want to stray away from the full on tint front and back... thoughts?

Mercedes-Benz+A45+AMG+6.jpg

IgpHpwL.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-A45-AMG-Photos-12.jpg

E2lwCXU.jpg

I think that would actually look pretty good, so long as the bodyshop can feather the line out from the tinted clear and the non-tinted plastic.

Not sure about going all out so to speak though.

I actually quite like the look in pictures two and four. However, with the boot/bumper line joint the two rear lights up, my just sees a smiley mouth and two mad eyes. Take from that what you will. :D

Don't spray them, use film if you can, I just brought some, I didn't look into it that much but I think it's different to window film, I just searched for headlight tint film in ebay and brought a plastic thing. It looks pretty simple on you tube

Thanks for the thoughts chaps! Giantvan I always see faces in every car so the happier the better for me.

I wouldn't go all out, cover the whole light / go tint black nor do I want to tin the front lights really. It isn't for an edge, just some design OCD. White car with big cherries on the back I feel like I should be asking the missus for some icing on the it.

I've had a good look and both film and spray tint both seem good options:

Film - Even finish, easy, can peal off - but can be vandalised (oh Britain <3)
Spray - Right tone from layers, stays on good - cannot take off to replace

Anyone by chance know how much new rear light covers would be if I went with the spray with the intention to simply replace them if it doesn't help the resale

I'm sure you could get replacement OEM lights from a breakers when it comes time to sell if you wanted to go back to stock should you go down the bodyshop route.

I tried to remove this spray once on a fiat stilo abarth......... When I was 19, always guna end in tears, I used nitro morse, I rubbed it about, all was good so I left it, an hour later it literally melted the whole of the plastic into a mulch

Hahaha !

Really ? I bet that was unexpected ! ;)

how about this chaps

am I taking plasti dip a bit far here? What are thoughts on this appearance? [photoshop i aint eccentric ;)]
Black bonnet and handles

RMUE6JC.jpg

Had a crash and ran out of money before the replacement bonnet was painted ?

Had a crash and ran out of money before the replacement bonnet was painted ?

o...k ;-0 that a typical thing I suppose new black bonnets, wouldn't have crossed my mind but I've seen black on top cars throughout growing up so holds a liking in my mind, terrible phrasing i know. Wanted to check here encase I get my legs broken for doing this to a merc.

If you're savvy enough on the street to see it could be a new black bonnet after a crash said person should be savvy enough to know the bonnet doesn't go all the way to the edge of the car :D

Last edited:
If you like it, that's all that matters. After all, how 'street' or 'cool' would it be if (small c) conservative types like me liked your car enough to do the same to ours? :eek: Now, pull your trousers up, turn your cap the right way round and turn that racket down ;) :D

Aaaaalright I get the idea no bonnet colours ;-)

I do want the handles black though, how would ya go about that? I was going to plastidip them but If I like it think a merc garage has the facilities to spray them or anything? Cheers

You guys might get a kick out of my car.

Last edited:
Thats funky bud! That the amg gt? I can't tell properly from this angle, and I haven't got my Mercedes identity silhouette chart on me ;)

Love the colours great fun, to add an opinion I would have tried out colouring the fins under the front headlights and maybe skipped the wheel spots - or tone down with orange Mercedes emblems.

Makes me really wish they'd have put the sexy front strip lights on the a45 I think it looks odd a fast merc without them now.

Either way good stuff man beats my car, at least in a straight line :D

Good call I am already getting rid of the red center caps along with the small red bonnet badge. It is a wide body sl600

I can't actually find that model anywhere is it an SL550? Must have done more than just widening the body surely?

R230 sl600 2010. I am doing a lot of other work. The engine is on the floor at the moment with the turbos being re-worked

Nice pretty hard to find that specific model how much did you get it for??

Probably should have gone for a nice bulky engine with the oil crash might be the best couple years to own one!

Plasti dipped my emblems, really chuffed with them.

EAfjJ7Y.jpg

Ordered some small 3M carbon fibre wraps to play with and test on the handles. Gloss/satin black would be first choice but never know carbon fibre might take the cake :D

PS Yes I have realized when uploading the photo I forgot to pull up a tiny bit of plasti on the AMG logo rats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom