A45 vs CLS63 Drag Race !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not what I expected, before he stated the PTW ratio.

Impressive performance, but I would rather have my C43 anyday. Only .6sec slower quarter mile :D

Very Impressive! Although I bet that particular A45 was more than £38k...

Haha, never expected that. :O

Now adays it's not about how big the engine is.

My Eurocharged 32 is on par with a C63 (457bhp) and beats my Tuned C55

Funny how Mr Mercedes in the CLS63 mentioned his car hesitated on an up shift...

Seems to be very good value package if you just got a base car, 4WD, 40mpg, v quick.

However I guess it will be pretty easy to get the A45 to £50K which for a little car to me still sounds an awful lot.

Good to watch though.

Pardon my ignorance, but why does Mercedes claim it is the most powerful, 2l production car??

Wasnt there a 2l Evo, FQ 400? Which would have 40bhp more than the merc?

Pardon my ignorance, but why does Mercedes claim it is the most powerful, 2l production car??

Wasnt there a 2l Evo, FQ 400? Which would have 40bhp more than the merc?

There are no FQ evos in production at present, so a clever play n words! There next is a diesel hybrid i think?

Was the FQ400 a 'production' car anyway? Thought they were converted by Ralliart or someone - didn't leave the factory with 400 bhp.

Was the FQ400 a 'production' car anyway? Thought they were converted by Ralliart or someone - didn't leave the factory with 400 bhp.
You're right. My mate had one. Dam dam quick. You would pull your hair out at trying to drive it slow.

Wow, how cool is that, I would still rather have the CLS but that little A Class flies, I bet it handles well too.

Very surprising indeed.

It did appear that the CLS died mid-track a little, a ponderous upchange compared to the double clutch insta-change of the A45. :doh:

Haha, never expected that. :O

Now adays it's not about how big the engine is.

My Eurocharged 32 is on par with a C63 (457bhp) and beats my Tuned C55

What would I have to do to my standard C32 to get that?

SPX said:
Yes, my friend bought his straight out of a Mitsubishi showroom brand new.

But they aren't in production so it's fair play for Mercedes to say what they are saying.

Also compare mpg, CO2 and service intervals to understand how good the AMG45 engine is.

Neiltodd said:
What would I have to do to my standard C32 to get that?

A decent map and pulley for starters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom